Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,743,085 Members 43,968 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[SGH-i747M] Samsung Galaxy S3: Black screen but still responds to touch

Tip us?

OERB57
Old
(Last edited by malybru; 16th June 2014 at 06:55 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [SGH-i747M] Samsung Galaxy S3: Black screen but still responds to touch

A Month ago I was running my s3 bell edition(d2can) on pac rom. A few weeks in my screen turned complete black, it still responded to touch (The white dot from touch response showed up, vibrate when unlocked, etc.). Clean wipe working fine but then it happened again. And again. And again. Highly frustrating, only happens on Pac. Never happened on cyanogen, or paranoid android, which I am currently running. I've never dropped the phone in water or anything like that. I've looked everywhere and no luck. Please help me, I've been tearing my hair out at this.
Thanks

prboy1969
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6597
I would normally suggest asking in the thread for the Rom. But since you do not have enough posts, I would suggest you ask in the Q/A HERE. I believe that THIS is the Rom you are referring to, correct ? A quick search through the thread came up with no one else having the same issue.
But before you post up in the General Q/A, I would recommend downloading the Rom again over WiFi, or Hardline. Then make sure to verify the MD5 checksum of the Zip before flashing.

OERB57
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by prboy1969 View Post
But before you post up in the General Q/A, I would recommend downloading the Rom again over WiFi, or Hardline. Then make sure to verify the MD5 checksum of the Zip before flashing.
How do I verify the md5? Never paid any attention to it.

prboy1969
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6597
Check out the Guide HERE. There is also another one on THIS thread.
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe