Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,985 Members 41,434 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Is my Note3 soft bricked???

Tip us?

Leonidas300
Old
(Last edited by Leonidas300; 14th June 2014 at 08:01 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Default Is my Note3 soft bricked???

Hi guys been looking for solution for two days so decided to ask so here is my story.

I have a SM- N9005 international model rooted and running "Stock S5 origanal Rom" http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2771454. I had some problems with messaging so the network provider suggested I switch of my phone ,remove battery and sim card ,put all together again and that is where the problem started

1.When I turned the phone back on the phone semi wiped itself (Launcher was back to default settings but sms and contacts were still there) And tried other sim cards (Mine is working on 3 other phones.

2.The big problem is that the phone doesn't read the sim card no matter what I tried (Wiped and reinstalled Rom/Roms nothing all the same)

3.So decided to install stock Fimware with odin but still the same (doesn't read sim) but another strange thing happens,when I shut down phone it turns off then vibrates and turns itself back on

4.So I tried to do factory reset(settings>general>backup and reset) but no go the phone just turns off and on again without factory reset I have to go in to stock recovery to reset but it doesn't fix the shut down or the not reading sim issue

5.So was wondering if this is maybe a soft brick,witch would explain the not shutting down issue and maybe the sim? Or my sim reader is broken but that doesn't explain the shutting down issue?

6.Do anybody think I should try this guide http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2567133

7.Or have any other suggestions. Thanx in advance

Leonidas300
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Anyone??