Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,319 Members 50,542 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Updates?

Tip us?

Treadstone06
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 39
Default Updates?

The Rom I'm running, while solid, is no longer being developed so I'm beginning the process of changing to another Rom. My issue is that I've since switched to Windows 8.1 and I can't get it to fully recognize my m7. I'm pretty sure I'm going to need full drivers/etc to upgrade my TWRP from 2.6.3.0 to 2.whatever it is now. I also read somewhere that hboot 1.44 (I have it and s-off) that it doesn't agree with 8.1. I'm somewhat familiar with flashing Roms/themes/etc but little out of my depth when taking on the hboot area. Could someone please direct me as to how to update that and also how to get my 8.1 to completely see my m7? Thanks in advance for your time.
Current Devices: Sprint HTC One, Asus Transformer, Nexus 7 2013

BD619
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 7,823

DONATE TO ME
You will have to use a PC that is not 8.1 to update your hboot then you will be golden with 8.1
\_(ツ)_/

Frequently Asked Questions - HTC One-M7-Sprint(m7wls) | HTC Evo 4G LTE(Jewel) | HTC One-M8-Sprint(m8_whl)
ROM Cleaner | AROMA | Remove Bloatware | Backup Apps | Install Apps/Mods
ROM Cleaner for HTC Evo 4G LTE or ROM Cleaner for HTC One
My DIY guides on how to root your HTC Evo 4G LTE | HTC One(M7)-Sprint | HTC One(M8)-Sprint

Forum Moderator
The Following User Says Thank You to BD619 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Treadstone06
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by BD619 View Post
You will have to use a PC that is not 8.1 to update your hboot then you will be golden with 8.1
Thanks. I've got a windows 7 laptop I can use. I must be missing something though as I'm not finding a thread that can walk me through updating the hboot. Would someone please direct me to that? Thansk again.

BD619
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 7,823

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treadstone06 View Post
Thanks. I've got a windows 7 laptop I can use. I must be missing something though as I'm not finding a thread that can walk me through updating the hboot. Would someone please direct me to that? Thansk again.
You can flash the Firewater hboot follow the directions there and make sure you choose the one for Sprint M7
\_(ツ)_/

Frequently Asked Questions - HTC One-M7-Sprint(m7wls) | HTC Evo 4G LTE(Jewel) | HTC One-M8-Sprint(m8_whl)
My DIY guides on how to root your HTC Evo 4G LTE | HTC One(M7)-Sprint | HTC One(M8)-Sprint

Forum Moderator
The Following User Says Thank You to BD619 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Treadstone06
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by BD619 View Post
You can flash the Firewater hboot follow the directions there and make sure you choose the one for Sprint M7
Thanks again. I've got that done and updated twrp. I just have 1 more thing if you'd be so kind. I'm wanting to update to the latest prl/firmware/radio but when I try to update them through setting, it fails. After looking around I found this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...98&postcount=2. Since I'm on a custom Rom, should I just flash the modified firmware and does that one zip include radio/prl/etc?

Thanks again.

BD619
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 7,823

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treadstone06 View Post
Thanks again. I've got that done and updated twrp. I just have 1 more thing if you'd be so kind. I'm wanting to update to the latest prl/firmware/radio but when I try to update them through setting, it fails. After looking around I found this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...98&postcount=2. Since I'm on a custom Rom, should I just flash the modified firmware and does that one zip include radio/prl/etc?

Thanks again.
PRL is not included in the firmware if PRL and Profile are failing in settings then it's most likely a network problem.
You can flash the modified firmware it will update your radio and some other bits.
\_(ツ)_/

Forum Moderator