Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,194 Members 52,023 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Device is NOT bigPart partitioned

Tip us?
 
xoom1425
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Feb 2014
Default [Q] Device is NOT bigPart partitioned

hi everyone
I am new to this forum and I hope someone can help me with this
I am trying to install KitKat on my xoom M600 but I keep getting 'Device NOT bigpart partitioned...' and therefore failed to install
I have followed the steps in BigPart Repartition Upgrade and Resource Center, but still getting them same message
what I am i doing wrong and is there something wrong with the bigpart image that i have ?
your help will be greatly appreciated
 
webeougher
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 66
Posts: 150
Join Date: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by xoom1425 View Post
hi everyone
I am new to this forum and I hope someone can help me with this
I am trying to install KitKat on my xoom M600 but I keep getting 'Device NOT bigpart partitioned...' and therefore failed to install
I have followed the steps in BigPart Repartition Upgrade and Resource Center, but still getting them same message
what I am i doing wrong and is there something wrong with the bigpart image that i have ?
your help will be greatly appreciated
What model is your Xoom?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app
 
xoom1425
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by webeougher View Post
What model is your Xoom?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app
thanks for replying
my model is the m600 verizon, but i got it solved
turns out that i had the wrong bigpart file
i got the correct file from dev-host and i am now up and running
 
oompalumpa2008
Old
#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by xoom1425 View Post
thanks for replying
my model is the m600 verizon, but i got it solved
turns out that i had the wrong bigpart file
i got the correct file from dev-host and i am now up and running

Hi. I am having the same problem. When I install bigpart partition it says successful. but when I try and install kitkat. I still get device is not bigpartitioned error message.

I also tried dev-host bigpart installation file first and then when i try the kitkat install it still says I am not bigpart partitioned.

Any ideas?
 
jack-black
Old
(Last edited by jack-black; 14th June 2014 at 09:08 PM.)
#5  
Member
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 44
Join Date: Jun 2014
Well, my first bricked tablet I guess.. Followed this guide djsmobiles.com/2014/02/how-to-perform-bigpart-repartition-upgrade-on-your-motorola-xoom.html but after I complete partitioning wingray install fails. I have got these:

recovery.twrp.2.7.0.0.bigPart.img.zip
gapps-wingray-kk-20131223.zip
omni-4.4.2-latest-wingray-HOMEMADE.zip


Now I can't boot into my system and I can't install either because installer says that my device is not bigPart partitioned, even though I followed every step of the guide.. Help!
 
jack-black
Old
#6  
Member
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 44
Join Date: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by jack-black View Post
Well, my first bricked tablet I guess.. Followed this guide djsmobiles.com/2014/02/how-to-perform-bigpart-repartition-upgrade-on-your-motorola-xoom.html but after I complete partitioning wingray install fails. I have got these:

recovery.twrp.2.7.0.0.bigPart.img.zip
gapps-wingray-kk-20131223.zip
omni-4.4.2-latest-wingray-HOMEMADE.zip


Now I can't boot into my system and I can't install either because installer says that my device is not bigPart partitioned, even though I followed every step of the guide.. Help!
lol, forgot to flash the bigPart version of twrp! Now all is good
 
shadowsfall69
Old
#7  
shadowsfall69's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 6
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Broadway, VA
Quote:
Originally Posted by jack-black View Post
lol, forgot to flash the bigPart version of twrp! Now all is good
I did the same thing. Lol. At first I thought I screwed up my xoom lol

Thread Tools
Display Modes