Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,812 Members 48,981 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] I'm buying a used i9500-i9505 with no warranty, how can I detect defects?

Tip us?

naxol
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] I'm buying a used i9500-i9505 with no warranty, how can I detect defects?

I'm getting an s4 and I could use some help guys, if early/defective units have certain serials, or is there some sort of app that can stress the phone and battery and see how fast it drains and how hot it gets, and what the normal stats for that app are, and so on.
Basically anything I need to know and look out for before I spend my money on a device I can't return.

naxol
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Damn guys, no help? Bump.

myawan
Old
Thanks Meter 681
Quote:
Originally Posted by naxol View Post
I'm getting an s4 and I could use some help guys, if early/defective units have certain serials, or is there some sort of app that can stress the phone and battery and see how fast it drains and how hot it gets, and what the normal stats for that app are, and so on.
Basically anything I need to know and look out for before I spend my money on a device I can't return.
Open back cover and see condition of screws, it will show if it has been opened for repairing?

Secondly test phone by using codes found in this thread:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2558798
The Following User Says Thank You to myawan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]