Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,159 Members 46,291 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

MS2 KitKat

Tip us?

Kootarsh
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Default MS2 KitKat

Hi! I've just made some modification of EngleMars's KitKat ROM for Milestone 2. EngleMars ROM is much more stable then czechop (in my opinion), but lack of some very importatnt for me things. So I decided to start doing something with it myself.

What i've done:
  1. Changed back model number from ME722 to A953
  2. Removed from original Engles ROM (if you need them, you can just install them):
    • Autostarts
    • LogCollector
    • PinyinIME
  3. Updated:
    • Superuser (su,reboot)
    • Keyboard AOSP (with gestures support) [from czechop's ROM]
    • Launcher3 (configuration working, for example disable QuickSearch box) [from czechop's ROM]

Here's the link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/btlj5dsxhm...-CM11-v0.4.zip

Ps. I just made what i needed by playing with files from roms and very little modification. So don't blame me if you'll find any problems. It works for me, used it for some days.

Problems found so far:
1. When trying to remove icon from launcher, delete/uninstall icon doesn't appear on screen. You must just find place where to drop icon to do it, or do it other way (uninstalling by Settings/Apps).

I think, if you'll find any ideas how to solve problems, and you can do it, just tell me, i'll update the ROM. I have little time, so please don't except from me much.

Enjoy!
Koote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Kootarsh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

zhangyang_haha
Old
Thanks Meter 77
Thanks a lot!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kootarsh View Post
Hi! I've just made some modification of EngleMars's KitKat ROM for Milestone 2. EngleMars ROM is much more stable then czechop (in my opinion), but lack of some very importatnt for me things. So I decided to start doing something with it myself.

What i've done:
  1. Changed back model number from ME722 to A953
  2. Removed from original Engles ROM (if you need them, you can just install them):
    • Autostarts
    • LogCollector
    • PinyinIME
  3. Updated:
    • Superuser (su,reboot)
    • Keyboard AOSP (with gestures support) [from czechop's ROM]
    • Launcher3 (configuration working, for example disable QuickSearch box) [from czechop's ROM]

Here's the link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/btlj5dsxhm...-CM11-v0.4.zip

Ps. I just made what i needed by playing with files from roms and very little modification. So don't blame me if you'll find any problems. It works for me, used it for some days.

Problems found so far:
1. When trying to remove icon from launcher, delete/uninstall icon doesn't appear on screen. You must just find place where to drop icon to do it, or do it other way (uninstalling by Settings/Apps).

I think, if you'll find any ideas how to solve problems, and you can do it, just tell me, i'll update the ROM. I have little time, so please don't except from me much.

Enjoy!
Koote