Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,216 Members 53,438 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Can I flash ROMs of other variants?

Tip us?

habunath
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Default [Q] Can I flash ROMs of other variants?

I have recently got an unlocked F240L OG pro in India. My question is, can I flash ROMs of E980 or E988 on it? do I need to apply patches for radio/sound etc to work? or this flashing isnt possible at all?

Unfathomable
Old
Thanks Meter 14
It's hit or miss, I've had some success but with many bugs and some very unstable. I would strongly urge you not to though because a brick or bootloop is very possible.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

habunath
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Can you recommend some good ROMs for F240L then? almost all the most popular roms I saw here are mostly for E980 and rest are for E988:banghead:

wedgess
Old
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 13,454

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by habunath View Post
Can you recommend some good ROMs for F240L then? almost all the most popular roms I saw here are mostly for E980 and rest are for E988:banghead:

We do not allow recommendations of ROMs, please do not ask for any, best advice is to try them out yourself. As this is not what the thread is about it will stay open for now.

Thanks
-wedgess
Forum Moderator

mhd.abbas.94
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by habunath View Post
Most roms are for f240L search for xitrom v1.8 or sphinx rom and you can flash e980 or 988 rom but you should flash f240l kernel and baseband and it should have the same version of android for example if u flash e988 4.4.2 rom you should flash f240l 4.4.2 kernel and baseband but sure make a rom backup first ( btw sorry for my weak english i'm arabic )

Hit thanks if i help you
The Following User Says Thank You to mhd.abbas.94 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]