Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,356 Members 38,376 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Wife's New Phone - Is It Locked?

Tip us?

savaytse66
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Default Wife's New Phone - Is It Locked?

I have been using an unlocked Note 2 for quite some time, and I just picked up a used one for my wife. I started it up and see it's running Alliance 26 (current version), but when I reboot into recovery I get the stock recovery with the dead robot. It boots fine though, and the ROM seems to be running OK. I've been unlocked for so long, I don't know what to look for anymore.

It's running MJ9, and the device status says "official", just like my unlocked pbone. I see no indication of safestrap, but I'm not familiar with it anyway, so I'm not sure what to look for.

Am I going to be safe to Odin TWRP or even flash stock? I'd really just like to start completely clean and flash my ROM of choice, whatever I decide it should be.

savaytse66
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
A little more info from Download mode:

Custom binary download: Yes (1 counts)
Current binary: Samsung official
System status: official
Knox warranty void: 1

I tried to flash current TWRP with Odin 3.07 without success. It just boots to stock recovery. The ROM boots fine though, so if the bootloader is locked, how would the custom ROM have got on there?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

savaytse66
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Ok, it turns out the phone is locked but running safestrap. For some reason on boot, the safestrap menu (recovery or continue) was not popping up, I couldn't tell what was going on. I just reinstalled SS and all seems well.