Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,250 Members 41,185 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Disappointed!!!

Tip us?

SaySayonara
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 34
Default Disappointed!!!

I'm sorry, but why the funk should I use an app that FORCES me to login with stupid Facebook or Google +??
Funk ur application!
I've rooted my phone just to get rid of that brain washing Facebook!
This app is for sheep! Baaa..

CopKiller76
Old
Thanks Meter 65
Just login with your normal google account or simply stop trolling us.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9505 mit Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to CopKiller76 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mcwurth
Old
Thanks Meter 89
This app is simply letting you login because of their connection to their website. go back to 9gag or 4chan or whatever troll corner you come from, XDA is not the place for it.
Sharks MUST be alive for you to breath! http://www.savingsharks.com/

If you have a question please use this first.

Feel free to hit the thanks button if I have helped you. I would appreciate it!
The Following User Says Thank You to mcwurth For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

iBolski
Old
Thanks Meter 411
Well, as per the OP's handle, I've said "Sayanora" to them as well. In fact, say "konnichiwa" to my ignore list!
Please hit "Thanks" if this post helped you.

RAZR HD XT926 (unlocked)
32gb Nexus 7
Chromecast

slimslim
Old
Thanks Meter 72
Aside trolling, I would like to use this launcher without an authentication or at least an anonymous mode or something... It looks like very nice launcher and more people would probably try it but don't want any personal info involved.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A
========================
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to slimslim For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

iBolski
Old
(Last edited by iBolski; 4th June 2014 at 06:11 PM.)
Thanks Meter 411
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimslim View Post
Aside trolling, I would like to use this launcher without an authentication or at least an anonymous mode or something... It looks like very nice launcher and more people would probably try it but don't want any personal info involved.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A
The devs have stated, in other threads, that they do not store your personal data. They use either your Facebook or Google account to verify that you are who you say you are in order to have access to the servers to download the themes. It's to prevent people from having spamming their servers which they provide to us for the themes. This is much easier than having to register ANOTHER account and password. Rather, use the Google or Facebook account as a way to authenticate you to have access to their servers.

They do NOT store your personal information on their servers nor store it nor send/sell it out to other parties. It's authentication and that's it. Period. No malice is being done to you or your information.

Heck, just having a smartphone alone is putting more PI out there than this app would.

And all those permissions it needs access to? You do realize that the majority of the stock apps you have loaded already have access to one or more of those services? Since Themer acts as a one-stop-shop for all those different apps (notifications from text messages, email read count, weather (which needs GPS), etc), and gives you access to different widgets to provide that information, then yes, it does need access to a lot of the services within Android. But, no one complains that Gmail needs access to that and your contacts, or that the weather app needs access to GPS info, etc. But, when they see one app have all that permission, they freak without actually researching.

Paranoia sure does run rampant in these parts!
Please hit "Thanks" if this post helped you.

RAZR HD XT926 (unlocked)
32gb Nexus 7
Chromecast
The Following User Says Thank You to iBolski For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ThemerSupport
Old
Official Themer Rep
Thanks Meter 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaySayonara View Post
I'm sorry, but why the funk should I use an app that FORCES me to login with stupid Facebook or Google +??
Funk ur application!
I've rooted my phone just to get rid of that brain washing Facebook!
This app is for sheep! Baaa..
Hi,

As mentioned above, it's for security reasons on our side. We'll soon be implementing Facebook's 'anonymous login' feature.
Apply beautiful themes to your phone in one click with Themer by MyColorScreen.

Learn more at ThemerApp.com.
The Following User Says Thank You to ThemerSupport For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Mohenjo Daro
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I haven't used Themer for few months because of poor performance with my Optimus 2x(512 mb RAM), however this thing with Google account seems to be a much bigger problem than the slow performance. I simply do not want Google servers messing around my phone, I don't use sync or Play store. Is there a chance for Themer team to reconsider this decision?
The Following User Says Thank You to Mohenjo Daro For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Naddict
Old
(Last edited by Naddict; 15th June 2014 at 03:39 PM.)
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 13661
Troll thread cleaned and now will close.

Many ways to be respectful...the opposite ways kind of jump out at us moderators.
Every time you don't use search, a kitten, bunny, baby turtle, and fuzzy Harp Seal are killed.

Read the Rules! -- Search Before You Post! -- Learn about XDA -- Need A Moderators Help? -- Get the Most out of XDA! -- Curious about GPL?

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe