Ask a question

No registration required

? About volte on note 3...

OP @rbiter

14th June 2014, 04:51 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 964

4,134 posts
I am very curious about this. These 3 phones are supported...

LG G Flex
Samsung Galaxy Light
Samsung Galaxy Note 3

What sucks is when volte hits Houston market I would love to flip my phone to volte and leave it there only and hopefully better battery life overall because LTE is efficient and it won't have to search for radios as much. But my dilemma is not only am I on almost stock UK rom, I want to be stuck on 4.3 for sure.. Yes, you read that right. 4.3 still uses webview and therefore text reflow (not to mention inverted rendering) is still available. Invaluable when web searching and emails, text reflow obviously and invert obviously to take advantage of amoled's strengths.. I can live with the apps having selectable text size because there won't be a need for a side to scroll on top of vertical scrolling. Email and web viewing without text reflow is unforgivable. There are already enough new android nuances that may force me to research LCD phones in the future whenever I decide to upgrade. I hate LCS, but it's tolerable on a phone rather than a TV or monitor.

Anyways, my big question is will the illustrious devs have some kind of work around for this? My note 3 is not going anywhere or deviating from 4.3 for other reasons also. It's my dap and mini tablet while I use my moto x. Please tell me some magic can be worked because I want to sell my x soon and get another phone regardless but I'd rather wait for the 64bit phones to hit market but have volte capable phone in the meantime. Thoughts? Answers? Hacks?

sent from my sm-9005.
14th June 2014, 06:43 AM   |  #2  
Flag Tampa, FL
Thanks Meter: 215

1,109 posts
More
Don't hold your breath expecting 4.3 to ever support it.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
15th June 2014, 02:44 AM   |  #3  
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 22

93 posts
More
VoLTE already in Houston, I am using it now, as I see when I make a call, the LTE still active while in call, before the update I was only getting 4G while in call. furthermore; All calls made through LTE were HD voice.
by the way I live in Houston SW area.
15th June 2014, 07:14 AM   |  #4  
Flag Cincinnati
Thanks Meter: 1,134

2,391 posts
Donate to Me
More
People talking about volte and we barley have LTE coverage in Cincinnati.

I don't even get 4G by my house, much less LTE unless I drive 45 mins into north cincy. None of upper Kentucky by us has LTE.

Lol...

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Free mobile app
15th June 2014, 01:40 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 964

4,134 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by makki666

VoLTE already in Houston, I am using it now, as I see when I make a call, the LTE still active while in call, before the update I was only getting 4G while in call. furthermore; All calls made through LTE were HD voice.
by the way I live in Houston SW area.

i assume you're on 4.4.x? and not 4.3? if it works on 4.3 by some miracle, i'm getting a micro sim as soon as tmobile opens and selling my moto x.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread