Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,363 Members 48,817 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Nexus 7 hangs at "Google", can't enter Recovery

Tip us?

thisisjjd
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by charesa39 View Post
That's odd that yesterday it was showing unlocked, and today it randomly is locked.
By "yesterday", I mean before the tablet hung and I had to force reboot it when this problem started.
Quote:
Originally Posted by charsea39 View Post
If all you did was unlock the bootloader using fastboot, it should still be locked. Did you use a toolkit to unlock before, or did you do it manually with "fastboot oem unlock"?
I unlocked the bootloader originally when I first got the tablet back in July using "fastboot oem unlock". Now, when I try to unlock the bootloader it hangs while the cmd line says "erasing userdata".

I'd still like some help if anyone has any ideas.

wantabe
Old
(Last edited by wantabe; 12th February 2014 at 08:28 PM.)
Thanks Meter 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by hector333 View Post
Same thing happen to me, about an hour ago i try to turn on my stock nexus 7 2013, it got stuck on the boot animation, after 10 minutes i turn it off by holding the power button, then wait a minute try to tun it on again and i wont pass the Google logo.

i use it this morning as usual and turn in off like every day i don't know what causes this boot loop.

Any help will be appreciated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisjjd View Post
By "yesterday", I mean before the tablet hung and I had to force reboot it when this problem started.I unlocked the bootloader originally when I first got the tablet back in July using "fastboot oem unlock". Now, when I try to unlock the bootloader it hangs while the cmd line says "erasing userdata".

I'd still like some help if anyone has any ideas.
Can you boot into stock recovery? Without flashing a stock rom or the system image the only thing I can think of would be to do a factory reset. It sucks but it is sometimes necessary. If you are stuck in a boot loop long press the power button to force a reboot, as soon as the screen turns off press the volume down button that will get you to the bootloader. Or if the device is off press and hold both the power button and volume down button to get to the bootloader. Choose recovery with the volume button then press the power button. You should see android laying down with exclamation mark. Press and hold the power button and while holding the power button press and release the volume up button. Stock recovery! Use the volume button to select "wipe data/factory reset" then press power button. If that doesn't take care of it download the factory image and extract, if running 4.4.2 wifi version you should see ;
bootloader-flo-flo-04.02.img
flash-all.bat
flash-all.sh
flash-base.sh
image-razor-kot49h.zip
if you double click the "flash-all.bat" with the device already at the bootloader that will flash the complete image including userdata which wipes the device. You can also open flash-all.bat with notepad and remove -w from the script and it should not flash the userdata.img. Or... you could extract all of the images from the "image-razor-kot49h.zip" and flash them seperately with fastboot, whatever images you try to flash need to be in the same folder as fastboot.exe (platform-tools) so you do have multiple options as long as there is no hardware issue that is causing the reboot. Hope this helps!
"Don't confuse me with facts, I've already made up my mind!"

AT&T HTC One X - 4.2.2 CleanROM-odexed/Xposed/ElementalX
Nexus 5 32GB
Nexus 7 32GB (2013)
Nexus 4 8GB-Moved to Better Home!
Nexus 7 16GB-Moved to Better Home!.
Nexus 7 32GB-Moved to Better Home!
The Following User Says Thank You to wantabe For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

thisisjjd
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by wantabe View Post
Can you boot into stock recovery? Without flashing a stock rom or the system image the only thing I can think of would be to do a factory reset. It sucks but it is sometimes necessary.
Thanks, but sadly this doesn't help me. I'm perfectly happy to do a factory reset at this point, but selecting "Recovery mode" from the bootloader just hangs again at the "Google" logo.

I attempted flashing stock images, but even though my tablet was absolutely unlocked before this happened, "fastboot flash ..." now says "Bootloader is locked." It feels as if whatever damaged the system software also damaged the storage where locked/unlocked is stored.

I feel as if there is nothing to do at this point other than contact Asus about hardware service. Sigh.

wantabe
Old
Thanks Meter 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisjjd View Post
Thanks, but sadly this doesn't help me. I'm perfectly happy to do a factory reset at this point, but selecting "Recovery mode" from the bootloader just hangs again at the "Google" logo.

I attempted flashing stock images, but even though my tablet was absolutely unlocked before this happened, "fastboot flash ..." now says "Bootloader is locked." It feels as if whatever damaged the system software also damaged the storage where locked/unlocked is stored.

I feel as if there is nothing to do at this point other than contact Asus about hardware service. Sigh.
Sorry to hear that! I don't remember ever hearing being able to get into the bootloader but not into recovery from there. Your probably right about having to do doing an RMA. If it's any consolation I had a good experience with ASUS when I had to RMA my 1st gen N7 32GB after the speakers went bad.
"Don't confuse me with facts, I've already made up my mind!"

AT&T HTC One X - 4.2.2 CleanROM-odexed/Xposed/ElementalX
Nexus 5 32GB
Nexus 7 32GB (2013)
Nexus 4 8GB-Moved to Better Home!
Nexus 7 16GB-Moved to Better Home!.
Nexus 7 32GB-Moved to Better Home!

thisisjjd
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
I'm glad to hear you had a good experience with ASUS support. I have an RMA and am sending it to them. Thanks for your help.

mnunez611
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I am having the same exact problem as the OP. Stuck at the Google logo. However, I never unlocked the bootlocker since I bought it (Nexus 7 2013 32GB) back in June 2013.

When I try to go into Recovery, I also get sent back to the screen with the Google logo. It will not enter Recovery so I can Factory Reset.

Is this pretty much going to be an RMA to ASUS. I purchased at Best Buy. Think there's any chance they will exchange?

LinearEquation
Old
Thanks Meter 403

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnunez611 View Post
I am having the same exact problem as the OP. Stuck at the Google logo. However, I never unlocked the bootlocker since I bought it (Nexus 7 2013 32GB) back in June 2013.

When I try to go into Recovery, I also get sent back to the screen with the Google logo. It will not enter Recovery so I can Factory Reset.

Is this pretty much going to be an RMA to ASUS. I purchased at Best Buy. Think there's any chance they will exchange?
I would say definitely RMA it. With you having a stock tablet it's not worth risking messing something up trying to fix your tablet and then maybe you can't RMA. I would start with Best Buy and them what their warranty period is. If it is within their stories warranty then take it to them. If not then call ASUS.

Sent from my Nexus 7 Flo running CM 11 4.4.2 with ElementalX Kernel using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
[ROOT] 2013 KFHD7 Soho firmware 11.x.x.x (no camera)
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...44736&page=101 If needed contact @GranPC for an updated Firerooter.
[Root] 2012 KFHD7 Tate http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1886460
2nd [Bootloader]/[TWRP] KFHD7 Tate
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2128848
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2271909
KFHD7 Tate System Restore Tool http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1951254

Gloftking
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation Help me

Hello Guys I am stuck in a very annoying situation at the moment which is that my nexus 7 has become inaccessiblhttp://forum.xda-developers.com/images/smilies/eek.gife. This is how it happened

one day I tried to play the android game NOVA 3 on my Nexus 7 on the highest graphical setting so I went and researched how to do this. I was pointed towards some kind of app called 'ChainFire 3D', Once I pressed the install button inside this app the Nexus 7 switched off and the next time I tried to turn it on I got the X logo of death (boot loop). I then tried to enter recovery and I got the annoying 'no command' errohttp://forum.xda-developers.com/images/smilies/crying.gifr. I cant seem to remember how I rooted this thing but I do have access to the fastboot stuff ONLY (inside cmd).

if there is anyone who has any idea how to go about fixing such an issue without wiping everything on my nexus could they please get back to me ASAP.http://forum.xda-developers.com/imag...rs-crossed.gif

thanks in advance

Tags
boot, hang, recovery, stuck