[SOLVED] Moto G 4.4.3 Update Puts Phone in Boot Loop?

OP NerdNoob1210

15th June 2014, 04:47 AM   |  #11  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 0

12 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NerdNoob1210

If you can still power your phone, can you still access the boot loader? If so, I would suggest using adb from a computer to flash Phillz recovery. CWM always gave me a lot of random errors when flashing items. You could use PhillZ to flash the stock ROM for 4.4.2. After that, just follow the same process I did. Download the update zip via the OTA download when it prompts you. Once it's finished, DON'T boot back into Android. Boot into Phillz recovery from the boot loader, move the zip out of the cache and onto sdcard or your computer, and then flash it either straight from the phone or by sideloading it from your computer. Then you'll have a working version of vanilla 4.4.3, and you can flash over a custom ROM in the future if you so choose.

Sent from my XT1032 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

unfortunately I can't get into bootloader. I can connect usb and it makes no difference. therefore adb commands dont work. it just goes straight into screen described with those three options. I'm hoping that there is an override action in CWM which isn't power and volume down which do nothing.

thanks for the suggestion tho. it was a good idea.
15th June 2014, 05:36 AM   |  #12  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

6 posts
Hm... Without access to the boot loader, I'm not sure there's much of anything you can do anymore... You've completely lost the ability to communicate any sort of commands to your phone save for the 3 options that menu provides. I assume that what CWM is trying to do is install the zip from your cache and is failing to do so. The only viable option would be to flash a new recovery image and install the zip manually, but that's impossible for you given your current circumstances. I would give up looking for an override command for CWM, your best hope is to find an alternative means with which you can access your boot loader. I suggest you start a thread dedicated to your issue and see if a more experienced user can provide you with the information you need. Sorry, I hope you get the help you need. :/

15th June 2014, 03:29 PM   |  #13  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 0

12 posts
Thanks for trying to help. I have followed your advice and opened a thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by NerdNoob1210

Hm... Without access to the boot loader, I'm not sure there's much of anything you can do anymore... You've completely lost the ability to communicate any sort of commands to your phone save for the 3 options that menu provides. I assume that what CWM is trying to do is install the zip from your cache and is failing to do so. The only viable option would be to flash a new recovery image and install the zip manually, but that's impossible for you given your current circumstances. I would give up looking for an override command for CWM, your best hope is to find an alternative means with which you can access your boot loader. I suggest you start a thread dedicated to your issue and see if a more experienced user can provide you with the information you need. Sorry, I hope you get the help you need. :/

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread