Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,354 Members 41,872 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Bootloop, can't transfer files

Tip us?

Fire Head
Old
(Last edited by Fire Head; 12th June 2014 at 04:00 PM.) Reason: adb device found
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Unhappy [Q] Bootloop, can't transfer files

Hi guys,

I hope somebody can help me with my LG G2.

I was on the Cyanogenmod 11 M7 build and I flashed a remote control app via recovery. After that the phone doesn't boot anymore it's stuck at the cyanogenmod animation. So I would like to wipe and install cyanogenmod again but here is the problem. I don't have the CM11 file om my phone.
I booted to TWRP v.2.7.0.0 and tried to mount USB-OTG: E: Unable to mount '/usb-otg'
I tried ADB Sideload: Starting ADB sideload feature... then I opened the cmd (with admin rights) at my adb-tools at my PC (Windows 8.1). The command "adb devices" says: List of devices attached Thats it, no devices listed. Don't know what to do. How to transfer items from/to the phone. I think I have the newest drivers.

Edit: Manualy I chose the LGE ADB driver in the device manager after that there is a device listed in cmd. But if I try to do something like adb reboot recovery or adb push c:\xyz.zip it tells me error: closed

I would appreciate your help

XxZombiePikachu
Old
Thanks Meter 1126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Head View Post
Hi guys,

I hope somebody can help me with my LG G2.

I was on the Cyanogenmod 11 M7 build and I flashed a remote control app via recovery. After that the phone doesn't boot anymore it's stuck at the cyanogenmod animation. So I would like to wipe and install cyanogenmod again but here is the problem. I don't have the CM11 file om my phone.
I booted to TWRP v.2.7.0.0 and tried to mount USB-OTG: E: Unable to mount '/usb-otg'
I tried ADB Sideload: Starting ADB sideload feature... then I opened the cmd (with admin rights) at my adb-tools at my PC (Windows 8.1). The command "adb devices" says: List of devices attached Thats it, no devices listed. Don't know what to do. How to transfer items from/to the phone. I think I have the newest drivers.

Edit: Manualy I chose the LGE ADB driver in the device manager after that there is a device listed in cmd. But if I try to do something like adb reboot recovery or adb push c:\xyz.zip it tells me error: closed

I would appreciate your help
have you tried mounting the system and then using twrp file manager looking for the stuff that got installed in the zip you flashed and deleting them?

Fire Head
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxZombiePikachu View Post
have you tried mounting the system and then using twrp file manager looking for the stuff that got installed in the zip you flashed and deleting them?
Thanks, didn't try that, but found another solution. Problem was with the two adb-tools I used. After installing the whole sdk it worked.

So Problem solved, thanks
Tags
adb, bootloop, twrp