Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,606 Members 48,605 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Warranty Replacement?

Tip us?

nviz22
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Default Warranty Replacement?

Has anyone gotten a warranty replacement from a device support center w/ AT&T or the DSC? I want to replace my Note 3 w/ another one because my GPS fubared again w/ KITKAT.

hp79
Old
Thanks Meter 61
I visited them maybe two weeks ago in Oregon because my compass was pointing to weird direction, and also I wanted to try my luck on getting downgraded to MJ5 to get root. They only had NC2, and the one device I tried powering on also had a problem with the compass.

You can try calling them and get a replacement device and test it, then send back whichever one works better but let them know if you are keeping your old one.

c-dude
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Free mobile app

---------- Post added at 10:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 AM ----------

I had a great rooted Note 3 then the OTA update went in, even though I had ssuser configured to avoid it. It got to 26mb of the update then stopped, so I had a device with a locked bootloader and 4.3 Android. The update issue is a known problem, so at&t did a warranty replacement. Unfortunately, the replacement was 4.4.2,so I'm stuck unrooted.

I find the chat or phone customer service is often a lot more friendly and flexible than going in person. It worked for me, and I got the replacement the next business day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Free mobile app