Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,375 Members 45,305 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Using an RM-875 in North America - best ROM for LTE compatibility?

Tip us?

joal_o
Old
(Last edited by joal_o; 12th April 2014 at 09:51 PM.) Reason: terminology
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Using an RM-875 in North America - best ROM for LTE compatibility?

I have a Nokia Lumia 1020, product type RM-875. It is a Singapore country variant, but I know how to flash it with different RM-875 ROMs thanks to these instructions posted by anaheiim: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2515453.

My problem: it is not compatible with my carrier's LTE (SaskTel). I only get H or H+ in the top-left corner of the screen, and about one quarter of the download speed as other phones. The RM-877 is meant for North-American markets, as I understand; it works with the 700​/850​/1700​/1900 MHz bands, while the RM-875 works with the 2100​/1800​/2600​/900​/800 MHz bands. My carrier uses the 1700 and 2100 bands. I am wondering if the RM-875 can be made to work better with my carrier's LTE service by flashing it with a different ROM.

roblxskye
Old
Thanks Meter 98
What kind of speeds are you getting ?

Sent from my GT-I9505G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

joal_o
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
About 4 Mbps, whereas I'd be getting 10 to 12 with a phone meant for north america

Quote:
Originally Posted by roblxskye View Post
What kind of speeds are you getting ?

Sent from my GT-I9505G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

anaheiim
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 815

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by joal_o View Post
I have a Nokia Lumia 1020, product type RM-875. It is a Singapore country variant, but I know how to flash it with different RM-875 ROMs thanks to these instructions posted by anaheiim: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2515453.

My problem: it is not compatible with my carrier's LTE (SaskTel). I only get H or H+ in the top-left corner of the screen, and about one quarter of the download speed as other phones. The RM-877 is meant for North-American markets, as I understand; it works with the 700​/850​/1700​/1900 MHz bands, while the RM-875 works with the 2100​/1800​/2600​/900​/800 MHz bands. My carrier uses the 1700 and 2100 bands. I am wondering if the RM-875 can be made to work better with my carrier's LTE service by flashing it with a different ROM.
This is not changing the ROM that you change networks frequencies.

nikozzzzzz
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Default ##3282#

Try opening the Field Test menu, ##3282# . Try playing with settings over there. There is a 4G frequency selection section in it.

p.s. changes are lost after reboot
p.s.2 If you have RM-875, you can't flash a rom for RM-877 as fa as I know. You can flash ROMs for one RM, but for different regions, but the RM number should stay the same. RM-875 has hardware different from RM-877. Its like trying to flash a rom for GSM networks into CDMA phone. Different hardware, different ROMS. But you still could try via Nokia Care Suite.

katiecakez
Old
Thanks Meter 5
I'd also like to know about this. I have the singapore variant (what the amazon seller sent me) that I am trying to use on Tmobile. I get H and H+ but the ##3282# bring up "something happened and we couldn't complete this action" every time. (On WP 8.0)
Would love to know if there is a way to get it to run even faster...or even get the amazing WiFi calling feature from samsung phones. hah. A stretch I know.