Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,524 Members 42,500 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

After NC1 Updated : Battery Life ,Performance &Any Problem On This Update Plz Post It

Tip us?

riksterinto
Old
Thanks Meter 7
In KitKat Google changed how location services works which seems to cause a lot of the battery drain issues. If you have Wi-Fi turned off during sleep, apps are likely trying to get your location using GPS which will easily drain your battery. It seems like even with Location Services is turned off that some apps can still continue to try and request location. Personally I like using the location services that many apps use in Android so completely disabling wasn't an option for me.

I've played around with it quite a bit myself and found these settings have helped me::
-Leaving Google Location Services on at High Accuracy has been better on my phone's battery life.
-Leave Wi-Fi always on if it's available. (Use something like Llama or Tasker to automatically turn Wi-Fi on and off.)
-Setup My Places in Locations that correspond to Wi-Fi, etc
-Try uninstalling/reinstalling updates to Google Search, Google Play Services and Google Play Store
-Go through your apps and uninstall anything you aren't using or is not from a reputable developer. A lot of apps seem to have keep awake and location permission enabled by default that don't need it. You won't see these apps in the battery screen because they hide behind tiny wake lock requests and Google Play Services.
-Reboot in recovery and clear your cache

Another tip for saving battery is to use LLama or Tasker to disable Account Syncs any time you are disconnect from a Wi-Fi network. This also helps save mobile data if you don't have a large data plan.

Good Luck and Cheers

jack_ssl
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Post Memory Card Problem After NC1

When I Click Unmount SD Card ... My Phone Automatically Restart / My Phone Getting Restart ..

kevp75
Old
Thanks Meter 851

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jack_ssl View Post
When I Click Unmount SD Card ... My Phone Automatically Restart / My Phone Getting Restart ..
turn off yur phone... and physically remove it then...

Rockin it from my Blue Chrome Themed Deadly Venom SS 3.0.2 NC1 S4 (team: @Venom0642 @ted77usa @rebel1699) ~ 20GB free cloud https://copy.com?r=vtiraF
Rockin' it from my Vision-X N3 US on My Note 3

Check me out online @ http://kevin.pirnie.us

toastthemost
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Updating Google Play Services helped me. http://www.xda-developers.com/androi...weeks-updates/

Claw22000
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Unrooted...

This really isn't a good idea with these batteries, as you can dramatically decrease the battery life overall. They weren't meant for things like this. Instead a better idea would be to root, and find a re-calibrater in the play store... just my opinion.
http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/a...ased_batteries
http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/fiv...battery-life/#.

Those without root... well... get on the ball and root your device [/QUOTE]

I did say in my post that it would be better if this was rooted. But from what I understand people were not able to be rooted. I agree simply getting a battery calibration app is the best way to go (Requires Root). But if you are not able to obtain root this is the only current solution I know of. If someone has a better option please feel free to post it. I was just trying to offer what I knew.

DrClaw
The Following User Says Thank You to Claw22000 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

r8revealed
Old
Thanks Meter 23
I had given myself a few weeks to let this update settle in. I have absolutely nothing positive to say about it, unfortunately. I am getting less than 2 hours of screen on time on LTE (moderate use, social networking, no sync) and the phone battery quickly jumps to ~103-106+ Fahrenheit when I just reply a bit in a hangouts group chat. It gets so hot I cannot even touch the screen. It had gotten so severe that I ended up turning my phone off more often. That isn't even all of it. When replying to messages, the phone completely freezes for 20+ seconds and I can do nothing about it. It is becoming very frequent. I Odin'd back to NB1 twice and took the update again, and still it gives me awful battery life, unsustainable freezing, and overheating. I will mention, I use a 32 GB SD card avidly. Lots of photos and media on it (it's there for a reason, right? ). I really hope there is another update pushed to fix this.... Besides removing the SD card, any other fixes? (I have tried all the other ones mentioned in this, though did not see any positive results on my side)
-Samsung Galaxy S4 Black Mist AT&T (SGH-I337) Safestrapped Google Play Edition 4.4.4 (NC1)
-Samsung Galaxy S3 Marble White AT&T (SGH-I747) (CM11)

cybershawngates
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Nope I think its a defective sd card. Ive seen 2 s4#s have terribe freezing from a bad sd card. Why not just get a spare sd card for testing. Download the photos from old one to pc

Another thing that makes your phone hot I found is a Google Plus backup of photos automatically turn that off especially if not on wifi

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Free mobile app
What's Shaking - free earthquake app
EasyPulse - free pulse rate calculator
TechTray - news of 50 top tech sites
DocTray - news of 50 top med sites

http://www.kliktray.com

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cybershawngates For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]