[Q] Had to odin to stock.. how can I get twrp back?

OP FrozenPanda

14th June 2014, 03:44 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4

34 posts
I have a i337. I had the GPE 4.4.3 ROM by Danvdh but I thought it would be a good idea to "clean my phone" by formatting it but it ended up getting rid of some prebuild things on my internal sd card.

In any case, I ended up odining back to stock and now i'm having trouble getting TWRP back on my device (and thus being able to flash ROMS.)

As of now there's nothing on my phone so really any path would be fine with me (i've been reading and tinkering with this NB1 downgrade to MK2 then going to NC1? but that revolves around safestrap? I know its based off of twrp but its only compatible with stock roms? I like the more GPE esque roms. and not being limited...

Can someone help please? If possible in real-time over an IM service or something.
14th June 2014, 03:58 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 3,527

10,228 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenPanda

I have a i337. I had the GPE 4.4.3 ROM by Danvdh but I thought it would be a good idea to "clean my phone" by formatting it but it ended up getting rid of some prebuild things on my internal sd card.

In any case, I ended up odining back to stock and now i'm having trouble getting TWRP back on my device (and thus being able to flash ROMS.)

As of now there's nothing on my phone so really any path would be fine with me (i've been reading and tinkering with this NB1 downgrade to MK2 then going to NC1? but that revolves around safestrap? I know its based off of twrp but its only compatible with stock roms? I like the more GPE esque roms. and not being limited...

Can someone help please? If possible in real-time over an IM service or something.

What firmware did you flash? If you flashed anything newer than mdl you're not going to get twrp.
14th June 2014, 04:03 AM   |  #3  
OP Member

34 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639

What firmware did you flash? If you flashed anything newer than mdl you're not going to get twrp.

Well thats a bit concerning... can I just reflash something earlier? As I said theres nothing on my device so I am not concerned about data... sadly i'm not too sure what I flashed but I think it might have been NB1...
14th June 2014, 04:06 AM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 3,527

10,228 posts
Quote:

Well thats a bit concerning... can I just reflash something earlier? As I said theres nothing on my device so I am not concerned about data... sadly i'm not too sure what I flashed but I think it might have been NB1...

You're screwed. You can't go backwards in firmware to mdl. You're stuck with safestrap
14th June 2014, 04:09 AM   |  #5  
OP Member

34 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639

You're screwed. You can't go backwards in firmware to mdl. You're stuck with safestrap

zz my worst fear is coming true.. is there anyway I can like.. I don't know change bootloader? Is it similar enough to the GPE or something? I really don't want to stay with TW.. I know there are "stock" TW ROMs but.. yeah
15th June 2014, 06:00 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 635

1,265 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

zz my worst fear is coming true.. is there anyway I can like.. I don't know change bootloader? Is it similar enough to the GPE or something? I really don't want to stay with TW.. I know there are "stock" TW ROMs but.. yeah

You can't change it once you've updated. There is a single GPE working on Safestrap but not all features work.

Sent from my SGH-I337 running GPE
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread