Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,692 Members 52,278 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Bootloop? after flashing PhilZ Touch 6.41

Tip us?

apex2000
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Bootloop? after flashing PhilZ Touch 6.41

Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900 with stock ROM just flashed (N900XXUDND2_N900OLBDNC2_N900DXUDNC1_HOME.tar) and then rooted with ChainFire Auto Root (CF-Auto-Root-ha3g-ha3gxx-smn900.tar).

1. I have tried to flash PhilZ Touch CWM Advanced Edition Recovery (philz_touch_6.41.6-hlte.tar) with Odin and it flashed successfully. However, when I try to enter Recovery, the phone stays on the Galaxy Note3 screen forever and I have to hold the power button down for several seconds in order that it will reboot.

2. I also tried to flash Xiaolu CWM-based Recovery (hlte-cwm-recovery-6.0.4.8-kk(0417).tar) and got exactly the same result.

3. Since then, after flashing the stock ROM mentioned above yet again, I rooted the phone with Kingo Auto Root which worked fine. Kingo also flashed the Xiaolu CWM-based Recovery v 6.0.4.5 at the same time and I have no problems entering recovery.

What am I doing wrong in [1] and [2] above?

Can someone suggest how to get PhilZ Touch to flash and then work?

Should I install it from a .zip file from with my current Recovery setup?

Thanks people.

antique_sonic
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by apex2000 View Post
Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900 with stock ROM just flashed (N900XXUDND2_N900OLBDNC2_N900DXUDNC1_HOME.tar) and then rooted with ChainFire Auto Root (CF-Auto-Root-ha3g-ha3gxx-smn900.tar).

1. I have tried to flash PhilZ Touch CWM Advanced Edition Recovery (philz_touch_6.41.6-hlte.tar) with Odin and it flashed successfully. However, when I try to enter Recovery, the phone stays on the Galaxy Note3 screen forever and I have to hold the power button down for several seconds in order that it will reboot.

2. I also tried to flash Xiaolu CWM-based Recovery (hlte-cwm-recovery-6.0.4.8-kk(0417).tar) and got exactly the same result.

3. Since then, after flashing the stock ROM mentioned above yet again, I rooted the phone with Kingo Auto Root which worked fine. Kingo also flashed the Xiaolu CWM-based Recovery v 6.0.4.5 at the same time and I have no problems entering recovery.

What am I doing wrong in [1] and [2] above?

Can someone suggest how to get PhilZ Touch to flash and then work?

Should I install it from a .zip file from with my current Recovery setup?

Thanks people.

that's what happened when u just download and flash without knowing what u r doing.
HLTE is for Samsung n9005 LTE.
yours is n900 which is Exynos.
u shld go for Exynos one.

next time, read first. the devs spend so long time to create a proper OP, for users (including noobs) to understand.
but what users do, is actually go into download section direct, and ignore whichever devs have written properly.

ignorance is most users have done nowadays here, and have made most devs leave the thread.
don't take it as I m rude to u. I just want to highlight as a lesson learn to others as well.

remember rules at xda:
read & search.
understand with what u r gong to do with ur device before u continue.

hope u understand what I meant.

cheers

Sent from somewhere under the sky, at the corner of this rounded earth.
~WJ~
Learn.... Learn.... & Learn
Learn till you die, and you will die a happy man

Q & A for XNote Galaxy S5 (All Questions about X-Note Galaxy S5 PORT) :
[Q&A]X-Note G900F S5 PORT
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to antique_sonic For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

apex2000
Old
(Last edited by apex2000; 15th June 2014 at 06:12 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by antique_sonic View Post

that's what happened when u just download and flash without knowing what u r doing.
HLTE is for Samsung n9005 LTE.
yours is n900 which is Exynos.
u shld go for Exynos one.

next time, read first. the devs spend so long time to create a proper OP, for users (including noobs) to understand.
but what users do, is actually go into download section direct, and ignore whichever devs have written properly.

ignorance is most users have done nowadays here, and have made most devs leave the thread.
don't take it as I m rude to u. I just want to highlight as a lesson learn to others as well.

remember rules at xda:
read & search.
understand with what u r gong to do with ur device before u continue.

hope u understand what I meant.

cheers

Sent from somewhere under the sky, at the corner of this rounded earth.

Thanks for your "not rude" reply.

Maybe I will have to change my question.

I have searched everywhere that I can think of and cannot find the phone code for my SM-N900 Exynos (you tell me that the code is not "hlte").

Then I may be able to locate the correct file to download.

If anyone can give a "not rude" reply, I would be eternally grateful.

UPDATE: I think I may have found the correct phone code: ha3g.

Dejan Sathanas
Old
Thanks Meter 2605
I hate noobs...

Sent from my N9005
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7piTcDllnY
The Following User Says Thank You to Dejan Sathanas For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MystaMagoo
Old
Thanks Meter 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejan Sathanas View Post
I hate noobs...

Sent from my N9005
That may be Sire but we all were once..............
SG Note 3

Stock JB 4.3