Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,679 Members 41,617 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Mic Mars.. You will be missed!

Tip us?

pbedard
Old
Thanks Meter 356
I hope they change there mind he always helped me when I had my note 3

Sent from my One M8 using XDA Premium HD app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pbedard For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Resolute Blue Old
Thanks Meter 0
Is XDA a transparent outfit? Do they explain their decisions to the community? Does freedom of speech, transparency, democracy... are these things XDA champion? I would imagine all of what I mentioned helps the dev community flourish no? Is XDA a strong dictatorship where we can't question them? Can we as members have a clear explanation why he is gone? Strong regimes discourages creativity.

Freedom of speech or nothing. Liberty or death. Born free, hope to die free.

*edit* Once again, I'm taking a screen shot of this comment in case for whatever reason it somehow disappears... Suppressing speech is something dictatorships do.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JimSmith94
Old
Thanks Meter 208
I see that Micmars is still posting so I am glad about that. He has helped me and countless others, so hopefully by not having administrator tasks, he will be more free to provide his valuable assistance to all of us.

KennyG123
Old
(Last edited by KennyG123; 15th June 2014 at 07:58 PM.)
RC-RT Committee / Senior Moderator / Spider-Mod
Thanks Meter 26,174

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resolute Blue View Post
Is XDA a transparent outfit? Do they explain their decisions to the community? Does freedom of speech, transparency, democracy... are these things XDA champion? I would imagine all of what I mentioned helps the dev community flourish no? Is XDA a strong dictatorship where we can't question them? Can we as members have a clear explanation why he is gone? Strong regimes discourages creativity.

Freedom of speech or nothing. Liberty or death. Born free, hope to die free.

*edit* Once again, I'm taking a screen shot of this comment in case for whatever reason it somehow disappears... Suppressing speech is something dictatorships do.
Let's talk about some of these comments for a second...first off XDA is not a public company with stock holders to answer to and disclosure regarding staff. If Micmars wants to let you know what happened that is up to him. XDA is NOT transparent with regards to staff actions...we respect each members privacy and do not discuss any actions regarding a member whether a moderator, RC, RD, or members. This is a private site with membership and a set of rules. There should be no illusion of free speech here....there are rules to follow and some of those do indeed restrict what you might consider "free speech." Again...private site, forum rules, not a democracy. You do have a right to respectfully question actions...we would really prefer it to be in private rather than disrupt threads...but no one censors respectful questions. Staff interactions and disciplinary actions have little affect on the development community and are always done to better development as this is a development site created by developers for developers. Everything we do are in the best interests of developers and development as best we can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSmith94 View Post
I see that Micmars is still posting so I am glad about that. He has helped me and countless others, so hopefully by not having administrator tasks, he will be more free to provide his valuable assistance to all of us.
There is no doubt Micmars is an awesome contributor...otherwise he would not have made Recognized Contributor on the exact day he was eligible, nor make it into the moderator staff in record time. We all hope the best for him and REALLY hope he continues to do what he loves and help members. This is his true calling as he is one of the most helpful members any of us have seen. As stated we will not discuss the demotion, that is to protect Micmars privacy the same as we do not say "XXX123 got an infraction for warez." I will say that all moderators have people to answer to. We have very strict guidelines we follow and a very high level of trust. There is no "blue wall"...moderators do not have "free reign" to do as they like. We are all in teams of 8-12 members and like a Japanese mind set, we do not allow any member to bring dishonor to the rest...not to say that happened, Micmars knows and accepts responsibility like a true stand-up member for what happened. We wish him well and look forward to see him plugging away helping members any way he can!

Moderator Directory - - - FORUM RULES - - - Support Autism Awareness here
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to KennyG123 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe