DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Review – XDA TV

The holidays will be here in no time, so why not start thinking about gifts now? Youll be ahead … more

Mozilla Ditches Google, Makes Yahoo Default Search Engine

Mozilla and Google have had a long-standing relationship of about 10 years. Google … more

Learn More About Linux with Linux Man Pages

Linux is quite a powerful and very configurable operating system. Thanks to some user-friendly … more

Detect, Avoid IMSI-Catcher Attacks with Android IMSI-Catcher Detector

Privacy is always an important topic, as well as a delicate one to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Restart loop

OP ph3n0ngr

3rd May 2014, 06:08 PM   |  #1  
ph3n0ngr's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Flag Thessaloniki
Thanks Meter: 0
 
27 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Donate to Me
More
hello. i have s4 5 months.today as i opened my browser my phone shuted down. i removed the battery and when i put the battery back it opens without power button stuck 2seconds on samsung galaxy s4 logo and turned off.any ideas ?
3rd May 2014, 09:49 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 186
 
936 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ph3n0ngr

hello. i have s4 5 months.today as i opened my browser my phone shuted down. i removed the battery and when i put the battery back it opens without power button stuck 2seconds on samsung galaxy s4 logo and turned off.any ideas ?

By the coincidence, is your batt serial no beginning with BD? If so, look on the battery. Is it swollen a bit? If so - call samsung, they will replace battery free of charge.
If not, try to connect phone to charger, insert battery, go to recovery and make full wipe.
3rd May 2014, 10:16 PM   |  #3  
ph3n0ngr's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Flag Thessaloniki
Thanks Meter: 0
 
27 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by spamtrash

By the coincidence, is your batt serial no beginning with BD? If so, look on the battery. Is it swollen a bit? If so - call samsung, they will replace battery free of charge.
If not, try to connect phone to charger, insert battery, go to recovery and make full wipe.

it starts with LC
3rd May 2014, 10:19 PM   |  #4  
ph3n0ngr's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Flag Thessaloniki
Thanks Meter: 0
 
27 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Donate to Me
More
also...when i have battery off and put it on again the phone powers on without pressing the power button....it shows samsung galaxy s4 logo and then turned off.... Also...when i plug the charger and put the battery back to phone phone does not respond...
3rd May 2014, 11:24 PM   |  #5  
Quote:
Originally Posted by ph3n0ngr

also...when i have battery off and put it on again the phone powers on without pressing the power button....it shows samsung galaxy s4 logo and then turned off.... Also...when i plug the charger and put the battery back to phone phone does not respond...

it might be a power button issue
4th May 2014, 12:29 AM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 186
 
936 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2008
More
ok, this may be tricky.
while keeping volume down and home - slice battery in. If phone would boot in download mode (even just for a while) - then it will be power button issue.
4th May 2014, 12:47 AM   |  #7  
ph3n0ngr's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Flag Thessaloniki
Thanks Meter: 0
 
27 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Donate to Me
More
it boots up on download mode for seconds and then powered off again....
15th June 2014, 05:01 PM   |  #8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 44
 
281 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2007
Im digging up this post because this is the same problem i had.
I ended up removing the power button all together, carefully popped it off the motherboard. The phone no longer boots for a couple secs and powers off again so i think the power button was the issue. Now i have the problem of powering on the phone. I tried booting into download mode (to have the reboot option) by holding volume down+home while plugging it in but nothing happens, all i get is the battery charging icon. Ive been into download mode before i removed the button, but like the OP, it would only be a second or 2 before rebooting. Am i doing the correct procedure for download mode? Perhaps my timing is off? Any suggestions?
At least i do get the battery charge and it stays until i unplug the phone, no more boot loop!
15th June 2014, 08:59 PM   |  #9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 44
 
281 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaa-Yoo

Im digging up this post because this is the same problem i had.
I ended up removing the power button all together, carefully popped it off the motherboard. The phone no longer boots for a couple secs and powers off again so i think the power button was the issue. Now i have the problem of powering on the phone. I tried booting into download mode (to have the reboot option) by holding volume down+home while plugging it in but nothing happens, all i get is the battery charging icon. Ive been into download mode before i removed the button, but like the OP, it would only be a second or 2 before rebooting. Am i doing the correct procedure for download mode? Perhaps my timing is off? Any suggestions?
At least i do get the battery charge and it stays until i unplug the phone, no more boot loop!

Ok so i managed to get the phone to power up without going into download mode using this method i found on youtube. No boot loop and fully powered up now, the only thing is that im stuck on the lock screen. My friend cant remember his pin so i cant get in, the only option left now is to boot into recovery and do a factory reset yes? Well, how can i do that without a power button? Any suggestions?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes