No registration required
Thread Closed

Xperia Z1 STABLE and update cyanogenmod for a noob

OP EpicBIGC

15th June 2014, 07:14 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
Hello, the title shows you most things but I probably ought to expand. I've had my z1 for a bit and have been using Android for a long time, I have never rooted or installed cyanogenmod but say the oppo phone and finally I've decided i want in. Can someone find me a suitable one with a very noob friendly tone

Thanks alot
Callum

P. S. Any kernel numbers etc. you may need I can add if asked but to be honest I don't know what you need
Last edited by malybru; 16th June 2014 at 07:36 PM.
15th June 2014, 07:53 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,704

3,396 posts
More
Hi,
You can find all you need for your devices it's here => SONY XPERIA Z1 FORUM
and particurarly this thread => Root, Backup TA, Unlock bootloader and more! The ultimate Xperia Z1 guide

and finally, this Cyanogen rom => {Z1}[DEVELOPMENT] - CM11 - Android 4.4 - FreeXperia Project

Good luck
Last edited by philos64; 15th June 2014 at 07:55 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to philos64 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th June 2014, 08:07 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

8 posts
Unstable!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by philos64

Hi,
You can find all you need for your devices it's here => SONY XPERIA Z1 FORUM
and particurarly this thread => Root, Backup TA, Unlock bootloader and more! The ultimate Xperia Z1 guide

and finally, this Cyanogen rom => {Z1}[DEVELOPMENT] - CM11 - Android 4.4 - FreeXperia Project

Good luck

It doesn't seem very stable. Not something I want to risk n my daily driver or am I paranoid?
15th June 2014, 08:21 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor

3,396 posts
More
No, this rom is in development that's wahy it seems not really stable.
The best you can do it's to go to both of Z1 Android Development and Z1 Original Android Development, read and choose one of these roms.

I cannot tell you if this rom is best than the other, because you must read, and read before to select and try a rom
Don't forget you need to read with attention my second link which is really important for rooting your device etc... and don't ne afraid, it's easy
The Following User Says Thank You to philos64 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th June 2014, 08:33 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

8 posts
Quote:

The best you can do it's to go to both of Z1 Android Development and Z1 Original Android Development, read and choose one of these roms.

I cannot tell you if this rom is best than the other, because you must read, and read before to select and try a rom
Don't forget you need to read with attention my second link which is really important for rooting your device etc... and don't ne afraid, it's easy

OK thanks alot for your help. Really looking forward to becoming more confident with moding
15th June 2014, 08:39 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

8 posts
Quote:

Also, what's the difference between the rooting and cyanogenmod. I have seen rooting before but never really seemed good, I've seen cyanogenmod before but now I'm confused between the two
15th June 2014, 09:00 PM   |  #7  
Recognized Contributor

3,396 posts
More
You need to be root if you want to flash a custom rom like cyanogen rom.
If you, want to know more about cyanogen go here => http://www.cyanogenmod.org

Sent from my N7 LTE from Tapatalk 4 between sky and earth

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread