Samsung wont repair S5 Dev Edition

OP Droid9684

14th June 2014, 11:47 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 14

260 posts
More
Accidentally locked bootloader using JODIN for Mac and flashed stock firmware to get back to boot state last week. Samsung will not re-unlock my bootloader I will be getting it back unrepaired. Its no longer rooted but the code says BER. Beyond repair due to root but i flashed stock firmware its no longer rooted. On phone with them right now. Any suggestions? Im pissed!!!! Should i file a charge with my credit card company to get charge reversed its been more than 30 days.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...al-repair.html
15th June 2014, 03:23 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 125

391 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droid9684

Accidentally locked bootloader using JODIN for Mac and flashed stock firmware to get back to boot state last week. Samsung will not re-unlock my bootloader I will be getting it back unrepaired. Its no longer rooted but the code says BER. Beyond repair due to root but i flashed stock firmware its no longer rooted. On phone with them right now. Any suggestions? Im pissed!!!! Should i file a charge with my credit card company to get charge reversed its been more than 30 days.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...al-repair.html

Ok I'm a little confused. I understand that Samsung has returned your phone and has not unlocked your bootloader. You mentioned that you flashed stock firmware. So, does your phone operate but is essentially a retail version how? If the phone is operational, all is not lost (except for the bootloader maybe), there appears to be a root method for the S5 now. Go to General Discussion to read more.
15th June 2014, 08:28 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 14

260 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcalhoun

Ok I'm a little confused. I understand that Samsung has returned your phone and has not unlocked your bootloader. You mentioned that you flashed stock firmware. So, does your phone operate but is essentially a retail version how? If the phone is operational, all is not lost (except for the bootloader maybe), there appears to be a root method for the S5 now. Go to General Discussion to read more.

Yes i locked the bootloader it is essential a reatail version now. I disputed the charge with my credit card company for the purchase of phone because its no longer rooted they told me they would unlock it again. In the mean time i need a working phone and have to re-purchase a Dev Edition at a later time. I have to have the ability to make backups of the system thru TWRP rather than using titanium soley. I'm aware as of yesterday about root method towelroot for S5.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread