Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,290 Members 46,463 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Wireless charger question.

Tip us?

MidnightDevil
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 846
Default Wireless charger question.

Hi,
So, I'm one of the 'few' users which the USB connector on my nexus became loose to the point where doesn't charge anymore. One of the connectors inside broke (shorter then the others), I tried to fix another connector (successfully) but I can't do much about the broken one.
With this I'm left with 3 alternatives.

Send to RMA, logical, but would take at least two months since I'd have to send it to UK (was bought there) and I don't wanna be that long without it.

Order a USB connector and mount it myself. I'm actually considering this... But moving on...

Order a wireless charger, this seems the most fast option to get it charging. Now choosing this option leaves me with some questions. Considering that the official wireless charger is way more expensive than those QI ones, I checked the specifications and seems like the mA/output between QI chargers and official wireless is the same, so, do they take the same amount of time charging? Will I have any issues with another brand (considering it should work on nexus) ? Any big pratical differences between official / other brands if the technical specifications are the same?

Someone care to shed a light on this matter?

Thank you so much in advance

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Mobile: LG Optimus 4X HD
Mobile: Google Nexus 5
Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 Wii

Be tolerant and use Good & Common HTC Sense! :P.

--- Interesting Reading ---
Android Terms / Slangs / Definitions and Guides Revised
What exactly batterystats.bin does.

Get 15GB of Free Space!!!

Don't post just to increase your post count, make sure you know what you're talking about before posting to reduce the amount of false information.
MD

rap3rman
Old
Thanks Meter 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightDevil View Post
Hi,
So, I'm one of the 'few' users which the USB connector on my nexus became loose to the point where doesn't charge anymore. One of the connectors inside broke (shorter then the others), I tried to fix another connector (successfully) but I can't do much about the broken one.
With this I'm left with 3 alternatives.

Send to RMA, logical, but would take at least two months since I'd have to send it to UK (was bought there) and I don't wanna be that long without it.

Order a USB connector and mount it myself. I'm actually considering this... But moving on...

Order a wireless charger, this seems the most fast option to get it charging. Now choosing this option leaves me with some questions. Considering that the official wireless charger is way more expensive than those QI ones, I checked the specifications and seems like the mA/output between QI chargers and official wireless is the same, so, do they take the same amount of time charging? Will I have any issues with another brand (considering it should work on nexus) ? Any big pratical differences between official / other brands if the technical specifications are the same?

Someone care to shed a light on this matter?

Thank you so much in advance

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
In my experience with third party chargers i only found it to be a bit less well built and slightly more heat
But thats it
In my opinion you should go for it
Android Geek
The Following User Says Thank You to rap3rman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

weedahoe
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Because my N7 is also used in my truck for audio, I have a wireless eBay charger in the truck mount and another on my nightstand by the bed. They work great and supposed to.
The Following User Says Thank You to weedahoe For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MidnightDevil
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 846
Thanks guys

Mobile: LG Optimus 4X HD
Mobile: Google Nexus 5
Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 Wii

Be tolerant and use Good & Common HTC Sense! :P.

--- Interesting Reading ---
Android Terms / Slangs / Definitions and Guides Revised
What exactly batterystats.bin does.

Get 15GB of Free Space!!!

Don't post just to increase your post count, make sure you know what you're talking about before posting to reduce the amount of false information.
MD