Originally Posted by matmutant
It is up-to-date on arch/Manjaro (I don't remember the package name either)
On Ubuntu it wasn't when I needed (February), so I installed SDK package :-/
Right, I'm running TWRP with CM11. There are a couple of issues bothering me, but that's another thread...
- From stock, booted into recovery, then replaced TWRP with CWM. Rebooted into CWM.
- Tested sideload from CWM. Still non-functional. Made sure cmd.exe was running with administator privileges, still no difference. Time for _buntu!
- Installed Xubuntu. Connected to wifi, downloaded
. Plugged in phone. Checked
(it is the latest, 14.04 was released in April after you checked in Feb, and the new release must have updated the package...seems strange no one backported it though).
- Sideloaded and did a dirty flash of CM11 (didn't want to wipe without first confirming I could flash and everything was functional). Issues (as expected) such as slow loading but able to boot up.
- Decide it's time to push my luck and flash TWRP - this goes without a hitch.
- Test sideload. Still working, so perform full wipe and factory reset. Then sideload CM11 + GApps.
- Reboot into CM11. Still some issues so flashed the CM11 kernel using fastboot (not sure if TWRP does this automatically, but since the boot up improved a bit, I'd guess not).
- Now have a fully functional phone, albeit some of the changes from CM10.x to CM11 have disorientated me a bit...
Thanks for your help man. As with a lot of things this turned out to be a dopey Windoze issue than a problem with the phone or adb etc!