OP Junior Member
Flag Kingston Upon Hull
Thanks Meter: 2

23 posts
More
Full solution
Quote:
Originally Posted by matmutant

It is up-to-date on arch/Manjaro (I don't remember the package name either)
On Ubuntu it wasn't when I needed (February), so I installed SDK package :-/

Right, I'm running TWRP with CM11. There are a couple of issues bothering me, but that's another thread...

Solution:

- From stock, booted into recovery, then replaced TWRP with CWM. Rebooted into CWM.
- Tested sideload from CWM. Still non-functional. Made sure cmd.exe was running with administator privileges, still no difference. Time for _buntu!
- Installed Xubuntu. Connected to wifi, downloaded
Code:
 android-tools-adb
and
Code:
 android-tools-fastboot
. Plugged in phone. Checked
Code:
 adb version
(it is the latest, 14.04 was released in April after you checked in Feb, and the new release must have updated the package...seems strange no one backported it though).
- Sideloaded and did a dirty flash of CM11 (didn't want to wipe without first confirming I could flash and everything was functional). Issues (as expected) such as slow loading but able to boot up.
- Decide it's time to push my luck and flash TWRP - this goes without a hitch.
- Test sideload. Still working, so perform full wipe and factory reset. Then sideload CM11 + GApps.
- Reboot into CM11. Still some issues so flashed the CM11 kernel using fastboot (not sure if TWRP does this automatically, but since the boot up improved a bit, I'd guess not).
- Now have a fully functional phone, albeit some of the changes from CM10.x to CM11 have disorientated me a bit...

Thanks for your help man. As with a lot of things this turned out to be a dopey Windoze issue than a problem with the phone or adb etc!
The Following User Says Thank You to ArminasAnarchy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th June 2014, 06:24 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 4

16 posts
TWRP
TWRP has sideload ability.
Boot into recovery and got to the "Advanced" button then the "ADB Sideload" button is at the bottom. I am on TWRP v2.7.0.0 and I used it the other day so I know for sure it works.
15th June 2014, 06:36 PM   |  #13  
Recognized Contributor
Flag ~/
Thanks Meter: 3,417

2,789 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArminasAnarchy

Right, I'm running TWRP with CM11. There are a couple of issues bothering me, but that's another thread...

Solution:

- From stock, booted into recovery, then replaced TWRP with CWM. Rebooted into CWM.
- Tested sideload from CWM. Still non-functional. Made sure cmd.exe was running with administator privileges, still no difference. Time for _buntu!
- Installed Xubuntu. Connected to wifi, downloaded
Code:
 android-tools-adb
and
Code:
 android-tools-fastboot
. Plugged in phone. Checked
Code:
 adb version
(it is the latest, 14.04 was released in April after you checked in Feb, and the new release must have updated the package...seems strange no one backported it though).
- Sideloaded and did a dirty flash of CM11 (didn't want to wipe without first confirming I could flash and everything was functional). Issues (as expected) such as slow loading but able to boot up.
- Decide it's time to push my luck and flash TWRP - this goes without a hitch.
- Test sideload. Still working, so perform full wipe and factory reset. Then sideload CM11 + GApps.
- Reboot into CM11. Still some issues so flashed the CM11 kernel using fastboot (not sure if TWRP does this automatically, but since the boot up improved a bit, I'd guess not).
- Now have a fully functional phone, albeit some of the changes from CM10.x to CM11 have disorientated me a bit...

Thanks for your help man. As with a lot of things this turned out to be a dopey Windoze issue than a problem with the phone or adb etc!

I'm happy it worked fine finally !
And thank you for providing the way you did it, that could help some other people having similar issue.
15th June 2014, 07:57 PM   |  #14  
OP Junior Member
Flag Kingston Upon Hull
Thanks Meter: 2

23 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by highspeedfelon

TWRP has sideload ability.
Boot into recovery and got to the "Advanced" button then the "ADB Sideload" button is at the bottom. I am on TWRP v2.7.0.0 and I used it the other day so I know for sure it works.

I think you mis-read somewhere. I know TWRP has sideload, I used it on my HOX+. It was CWM I was unsure of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by matmutant

I'm happy it worked fine finally !
And thank you for providing the way you did it, that could help some other people having similar issue.

That was the idea, yeah .

I love the way the moral of the story is "Don't expect Windows to do the job properly. EVER. (Or at least not without several hours of screwing with it first)."
The Following User Says Thank You to ArminasAnarchy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th June 2014, 09:23 PM   |  #15  
Recognized Contributor
Flag ~/
Thanks Meter: 3,417

2,789 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArminasAnarchy

I love the way the moral of the story is "Don't expect Windows to do the job properly. EVER. (Or at least not without several hours of screwing with it first)."

And during that time i succeeded to break both my Mint and Manjaro installs (user-related fails) and bring them back to life XD
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
adb, falcon, moto g, twrp, undetected
Previous Thread Next Thread