Browse Your Files with Ease using MK Explorer

Google has made quite an effort in perfecting the powerful and multi-faceted OS that we know as … more

How to Fix the Nexus Available Storage Bug – XDA TV

Is your Nexus device only showing half of the available storage as it should? Many … more

Don’t Forget About Birthdays with Birthday Reminder

A person’s birthday is, without a doubt,one of the most important days in his … more

Don’t Fear Flashing with I Don’t Want You!

The XDA message boards are full of various modifications, with many of these helping … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] KNOX "Counter"

OP tecksulfur

13th June 2014, 12:20 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

10 posts
Hi guys, I have a Galaxy S4 I9505, and I've been reading for a while about KNOX "Counter". I want to root my S4, but I want to know if I root or unroot my KNOX Counter will increase from 0x0 to 0x1? And it is so, I can reset that Counter to 0x0? Because I don't want to lose my warranty.

Thanks in advance!
13th June 2014, 12:23 PM   |  #2  
Flag Netherlands
Thanks Meter: 313

1,971 posts
These are really basic question and have been asked a 1000 times already. If you really did read about Knox you would have find those basic anwsers. I don't think you have read much about Knox. There is a big thread here about Knox. You find your anwsers there.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lennyz1988 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th June 2014, 12:39 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

10 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lennyz1988

These are really basic question and have been asked a 1000 times already. If you really did read about Knox you would have find those basic anwsers. I don't think you have read much about Knox. There is a big thread here about Knox. You find your anwsers there.

There are so many informations that you don't know want to trust or not, and I didn't said I read here on xda, you could give me a link, but thanks for help!
13th June 2014, 01:28 PM   |  #4  
Flag Srinagar
Thanks Meter: 111

420 posts
More
Rooting will Void Your Warranty but it will give u\you access to new world..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aamirx27 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th June 2014, 05:48 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 1

7 posts
Smile Knox
my friend, the link below is described completely the knox...
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2447832
its no problem if your device has not guaranty.
15th June 2014, 12:05 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 15

75 posts
More
Ya I think that your device gt i9505 support triangleaway so you can reset your flash counter.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
15th June 2014, 06:16 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 3

18 posts
samsung gt i9505 support triangle away, and reset counter.

But counter Knox, you can not reset.
15th June 2014, 10:31 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 96

549 posts
just to clarify for you...."flash counter" is a counter that increases each time you flash a rom or whatever. the know 0x1 is a flag which doesn't continually increase, it will either be 0x0 meaning that it's a stock/official system, or it will be 0x1 meaning that the knox flag has been tripped because some part of the system has been modified (e.g. flashing custom rom or recovery, or rooting etc).

so if you want a totally official/full warranty guarantee, don't modify the device in anyway. if you've gone past your warranty date or just don't care about it then you can root/install custom roms kernels and recoveries, but this will likely trip the knox flag if you have the kitkat bootloader.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread