Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,310 Members 45,222 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

rooted successfully via towelroot!!!

Tip us?

lkebrnrd
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Smile rooted successfully via towelroot!!!

This is my first time posting so I figured sharing my successful attempt to root using towelroot would be a good starting point..

I realize someone may have already beat me to it but I wanted to let ppl know you should be able to root using the awesome new app towelroot. Things to consider though.. I was on 4.3 ML1.. This was very exciting for me as my PC will not recognize my siii so the fact I was able to do this straight from the device itself is just great news.. Didn't think I could root without a PC.. Well, until now.. This is SO AWESOME! now to install some xposed mods . Happy rooting v
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lkebrnrd For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pacet911
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Thumbs up Vrucnc1 root!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkebrnrd View Post
This is my first time posting so I figured sharing my successful attempt to root using towelroot would be a good starting point..

I realize someone may have already beat me to it but I wanted to let ppl know you should be able to root using the awesome new app towelroot. Things to consider though.. I was on 4.3 ML1.. This was very exciting for me as my PC will not recognize my siii so the fact I was able to do this straight from the device itself is just great news.. Didn't think I could root without a PC.. Well, until now.. This is SO AWESOME! now to install some xposed mods . Happy rooting v
I can confirm TOWELROOT works for VRUCNC1 also! Finally rerooted again. No computer needed either! Go to towelroot.com.
The Following User Says Thank You to pacet911 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lkebrnrd
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
[QUOTE=pacet911;53429674]I can confirm TOWELROOT works for VRUCNC1 also! Finally rerooted again. No computer needed either! Go to towelroot.com. [/QUOTE

Heck yeah man! Its good to know we have an app that can do it from devices again! Glad to hear your success as well.. Right on
The Following User Says Thank You to lkebrnrd For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dhart1980
Old
Thanks Meter 1
confirmed... sch-i535 32gb, 4.3 vrucnc1.... verizon s3.. super easy to install although it does give you a warning to not install it... you gotta allow third party, but then ANOTHER thing pops saying they don't advise it... something i haven't seen before.. anyways i forced it to install.. ran it... 15 seconds after you hit the button it reboots... bam... rooted..

easiest root i've ever done.... used to having to odin... also, i used a third party root check to verify that it wasn't just teasing me... if i weren't unemployed and broke i'd definitely donate...
The Following User Says Thank You to dhart1980 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

YevOmega
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacet911 View Post
I can confirm TOWELROOT works for CNC1 also! Finally rerooted again. No computer needed either! Go to towelroot.com.
I'm not at all a noob but totally noob question right now. Can we unlock the bootloader again now after doing towelroot on 4.3, or are we still stuck?

landshark68
Old
Thanks Meter 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by YevOmega View Post
I'm not at all a noob but totally noob question right now. Can we unlock the bootloader again now after doing towelroot on 4.3, or are we still stuck?
Bootloader still locked. This is root only. Bootloader will not get unlocked without a leak from Samsung.
Shouldn't we treat this world like the garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?

Sometimes you go to the circus.......sometimes the circus comes to you

YevOmega
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by landshark68 View Post
Bootloader still locked. This is root only. Bootloader will not get unlocked without a leak from Samsung.
Ah darn. So then towelroot is useless for us.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

landshark68
Old
Thanks Meter 477
Quote:
Ah darn. So then towelroot is useless for us.

Not useless. Can root, remove bloat, use ad blocker, tether, some people are using xposed, etc. Just may not be able to run any custom ROMs yet. Safestrap may work to run custom ROMs, but I have not seen an NC1 kernel module. So you would not have WiFi running safestrap on NC1.
Shouldn't we treat this world like the garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?

Sometimes you go to the circus.......sometimes the circus comes to you
The Following User Says Thank You to landshark68 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

YevOmega
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by landshark68 View Post
Not useless. Can root, remove bloat, use ad blocker, tether, some people are using xposed, etc. Just may not be able to run any custom ROMs yet. Safestrap may work to run custom ROMs, but I have not seen an NC1 kernel module. So you would not have WiFi running safestrap on NC1.
Last I heard, NC1 could be rolled back to ML1 and ML1 is saferooted.

Sandman-007
Old
Thanks Meter 613
Quote:
Last I heard, NC1 could be rolled back to ML1 and ML1 is saferooted.

Yes but now you don't have to roll back to ML1 if on NC. Also you no longer need a computer to root.

Samsung Galaxy S3, SOKP