Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,925 Members 53,271 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Search] Flashable Stock Recovery

Tip us?
 
tschegger8
Old
(Last edited by tschegger8; 15th June 2014 at 11:30 AM.) Reason: oops
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 7
Join Date: Dec 2013
Question [Search] Flashable Stock Recovery

Hey,

I already used the search but didn't find anything.. Has anybody a flashable stock recovery for the Nexus 7 2013 Wifi? I want to install the 4.4.3 Update but I can only flash it with the stock recovery.

Christoph
 
Siletina
Old
#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 1
Join Date: Dec 2011
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2783457

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
 
tschegger8
Old
(Last edited by tschegger8; 15th June 2014 at 12:52 PM.)
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 7
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siletina View Post
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2783457

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Well, that doesn't help me..
 
Aerowinder
Old
#4  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1193
Posts: 3,031
Join Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by tschegger8 View Post
Well, that doesn't help me..
You need to download the stock image from Google. You won't need recovery though. Just flash system with fastboot and you're done.
 

Google Firmware: Google
USB Drivers: Google | Mirror
ADB+ADB Drivers: 19.0.2 (4.4.4) + Koush Universal ADB Drivers

TWRP Official: hammerhead | flo
TWRP Holofied: hammerhead | flo

Gapps: BaNkS

Superuser: Chainfire | Mirror
 
tschegger8
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 7
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerowinder View Post
You need to download the stock image from Google. You won't need recovery though. Just flash system with fastboot and you're done.
And my data will stay? Is it like I make an OTA update? I dont want to lose anything, just update the Version.
 
Aerowinder
Old
#6  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1193
Posts: 3,031
Join Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by tschegger8 View Post
And my data will stay? Is it like I make an OTA update? I dont want to lose anything, just update the Version.
You will not lose if data if you extract the system image (system.img) from the archive, then run fastboot flash system system.img. This will replace only the system partition's contents, updating you to 4.4.3.

If you run flash-all.bat, you will lose your data.

If you don't have fastboot, download the 19.0.2 (API 19) link from my signature, it's in that package.
 

Google Firmware: Google
USB Drivers: Google | Mirror
ADB+ADB Drivers: 19.0.2 (4.4.4) + Koush Universal ADB Drivers

TWRP Official: hammerhead | flo
TWRP Holofied: hammerhead | flo

Gapps: BaNkS

Superuser: Chainfire | Mirror
The Following User Says Thank You to Aerowinder For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
tschegger8
Old
(Last edited by tschegger8; 15th June 2014 at 07:32 PM.) Reason: Tried, it worked!
#7  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 7
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerowinder View Post
You will not lose if data if you extract the system image (system.img) from the archive, then run fastboot flash system system.img. This will replace only the system partition's contents, updating you to 4.4.3.

If you run flash-all.bat, you will lose your data.

If you don't have fastboot, download the 19.0.2 (API 19) link from my signature, it's in that package.
It worked fine, thank you! My userdata and apps are still there and i got 4.4.3.
 
mdamaged
Old
#8  
mdamaged's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 873
Posts: 1,391
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: South of Heaven

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by tschegger8 View Post
It worked fine, thank you! My userdata and apps are still there and i got 4.4.3.
Did you also flash the 4.4.3 boot.img? It has a new kernel. (nandroid your present boot first, just to be safe though)
Kenneth, what is the frequency? Set a fire for a man, and he will stay warm for a night. Set a man on fire, and he will stay warm for the rest of his life.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The Following User Says Thank You to mdamaged For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
tschegger8
Old
(Last edited by tschegger8; 15th June 2014 at 09:40 PM.) Reason: Whoo :D
#9  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 7
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdamaged View Post
Did you also flash the 4.4.3 boot.img? It has a new kernel. (nandroid your present boot first, just to be safe though)
Edit: Flashing the kernel solved the WLAN problem. Thanks again!
 
mdamaged
Old
#10  
mdamaged's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 873
Posts: 1,391
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: South of Heaven

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by tschegger8 View Post
Edit: Flashing the kernel solved the WLAN problem. Thanks again!
You're welcome, glad it worked out for you.
Kenneth, what is the frequency? Set a fire for a man, and he will stay warm for a night. Set a man on fire, and he will stay warm for the rest of his life.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

The Following User Says Thank You to mdamaged For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes