No download mode?
If your phone won’t enter download mode, you can try three things:
- A USB jig. Don’t pin your hopes on this, they rarely succeed in this scenario.
- ‘Jump starting’ – You might need someone else to give you a hand for this. Take the battery out of your phone and wait 30 seconds. Now, press the button combination to enter download mode, and with this combination still depressed, get someone to put the battery back in. Hopefully this will jolt your phone into download mode.
- Take out the phone battery, and re-insert it, but don’t turn the phone on. Now, plug in the charger while holding the volume down button. Keep holding volume down till you enter download mode.
If your phone won’t enter download mode, and will do nothing but get hot when you attempt to do anything to it (charge it, turn it on), then your motherboard is in need of replacement.
I’ve seen a lot of people, when their Odin flash fails, either:
- Give up. Not a good option.
- Flash a .pit file. That should be used as an absolute last resort. There’s a lot to try before getting to that stage! If a flash of a .pit file fails in Odin, your phone is well and truly unrecoverable, and you will need a motherboard (MB) replacement.
Quoted from a quite by Hopper8, try these steps. Can't really do anything since recovery/download mode is dead. If you can get into download mode, flash a .pit file (get all the files ready beforehand). Be quick, since you don't know when your device will die again.
N7105 rocking AOSB with AGNi kernel,
Click "Thanks" if I was of any help!
Living my life with my Find 7a
Rocking ParanoidAndroid 4.6 Beta 1
Take a second to click the "Thanks" button if I helped!