Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Problem with Recovery

OP sid.parmar

9th June 2014, 09:16 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
32 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
So I posted ages ago about my phone having ROM loading issues, it no longer loads any ROMs. I have been told to flash 4ext again but i cannot find a tutorial on how to flash via fastboot, and i need help, i cant find links for 4ext to flash or any guides on how to do it, just how to update via the app on the phone, but, like i said, the phone has no rom so i cant reset my recovery.
9th June 2014, 09:30 PM   |  #2  
rzr86's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Nafpaktos
Thanks Meter: 2,195
 
7,268 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sid.parmar

So I posted ages ago about my phone having ROM loading issues, it no longer loads any ROMs. I have been told to flash 4ext again but i cannot find a tutorial on how to flash via fastboot, and i need help, i cant find links for 4ext to flash or any guides on how to do it, just how to update via the app on the phone, but, like i said, the phone has no rom so i cant reset my recovery.

step 2 only
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1631861
9th June 2014, 09:37 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
32 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
cheers, will this be do-able on mac, as this is the only computer i have right now, i followed lifehackers instructions on how to install ADB and fastboot.http://www.lifehacker.co.uk/2014/06/...ls-os-easy-way and i just want to know that i dont have to get my friends pc
9th June 2014, 09:54 PM   |  #4  
rzr86's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Nafpaktos
Thanks Meter: 2,195
 
7,268 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sid.parmar

cheers, will this be do-able on mac, as this is the only computer i have right now, i followed lifehackers instructions on how to install ADB and fastboot.http://www.lifehacker.co.uk/2014/06/...ls-os-easy-way and i just want to know that i dont have to get my friends pc

i don't know if it works on mac but you can try it
9th June 2014, 10:43 PM   |  #5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
32 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
tried it on pc, still the same problem
the screen says the following when flashing anything

finding update package...
opening update package...
install update...
E:Error in/sdcard/cm-11/20140606/Sultan-pyramid.zip
(Status 0)
Installation Aborted


Im trying to flash the new CM 11
9th June 2014, 11:32 PM   |  #6  
rzr86's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Nafpaktos
Thanks Meter: 2,195
 
7,268 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sid.parmar

tried it on pc, still the same problem
the screen says the following when flashing anything

finding update package...
opening update package...
install update...
E:Error in/sdcard/cm-11/20140606/Sultan-pyramid.zip
(Status 0)
Installation Aborted


Im trying to flash the new CM 11

try this version of 4ext
http://www.4shared.com/zip/DVRZ3fiwb...v1006_RC2.html
it is the latest
just extract the recovery.img from the zip and flash it via fastboot command
The Following User Says Thank You to rzr86 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th June 2014, 12:20 AM   |  #7  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
32 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
it worked! cheers, seems like recovery needed an update
10th June 2014, 12:33 AM   |  #8  
rzr86's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Nafpaktos
Thanks Meter: 2,195
 
7,268 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sid.parmar

it worked! cheers, seems like recovery needed an update

i knew that the recovery version was the issue
but i forgot to give you the latest version in first place
11th June 2014, 10:02 PM   |  #9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
17 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
I had pretty much the same error but do you think flashing the latest recovery will work for CWM recovery as well?
Last edited by hammadyi; 11th June 2014 at 10:10 PM.
15th June 2014, 11:23 PM   |  #10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
24 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
Have you tried installing 4EXT Recovery Updater apk from it's site?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes