Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,883 Members 42,007 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

CWM Upgrade/flashing

Tip us?

SamsungIsBetterThanApple
Old
(Last edited by SamsungIsBetterThanApple; 14th June 2014 at 10:48 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default CWM Upgrade/flashing

I currently own a rooted Samsung Galaxy s 4g (SGH-T959V) running Gingerbread with ClockWorkMod v5.0.2.7 Voodoo lag fix.
I am getting pretty frustrated with the fact that I am running froyo because I can not get most of the apps I want. Plus, the Gingerbread homescreen is so slow and just looks weird. So I want to upgrade to kit kat. But I hear I have to upgrade CWM, and I have no idea how to do that.
If someone could give me the links to all the kernels and steps to do so it would be much appreciated.

Thank You!

Sent from my SGH-T959V

Skipjacks
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamsungIsBetterThanApple View Post
I currently own a rooted Samsung Galaxy s 4g (SGH-T959V) running froyo with ClockWorkMod v5.0.2.7 Voodoo lag fix.
I am getting pretty frustrated with the fact that I am running froyo because I can not get most of the apps I want. Plus, the froyo homescreen is so slow and just looks weird. So I want to upgrade to kit kat. But I hear I have to upgrade CWM, and I have no idea how to do that.
If someone could give me the links to all the kernels and steps to do so it would be much appreciated.

Thank You!

Sent from my SGH-T959V
There is like...literally no possible way you are running Froyo. It hasn't been developed in like 3 years.

As for links to all KitKat stuff, there is a search feature that will guide you to all that you need.
Do you want insanely better battery drain when your phone is idle? Check out this thread!
Have a question about the T Mobile Samsung Galaxy S4? Click here for the Help Thread!
The Following User Says Thank You to Skipjacks For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SamsungIsBetterThanApple
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
One problem bro, I really am running froyo and I have searched it but couldn't find anything for my device. Please if you do know where to find it it would save me a TON of time if you would just tell me.

Sent from my SGH-T959V

SamsungIsBetterThanApple
Old
(Last edited by SamsungIsBetterThanApple; 14th June 2014 at 06:04 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Dud I am so sorry. You are right. I double checked my frimware and it says 2.3.6 so you aee right it is Gingerbread.

Sent from my SGH-T959V

Joku1981
Old
Thanks Meter 548

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamsungIsBetterThanApple View Post
Dud I am so sorry. You are right. I double checked my frimware and it says 2.3.6 so you aee right it is Gingerbread.

Sent from my SGH-T959V
You are in wrong thread. The correct thread for you is this ONE.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CLICK "THANKS" BUTTON IF I HELPED YA

SamsungIsBetterThanApple
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
This thread leads back to me. Can someone please help?

Sent from my SGH-T959V

SamsungIsBetterThanApple
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Do you know how to flash a one click? If you don't know how to flash one follow lumin's guide, except use the one click .jar file I linked below instead of the one he says to use in his guide. (Note the one click won't contain the bootloaders so skip that step when you get to it)
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...78&postcount=2

I have a one click that's only bhundven's blastoff v2.5 kernel. If you're already on gingerbread this will install the blue CWM v5 for you that will allow you to flash a kitkat rom.
http://files.fernandob.com/sgs4g/rom...astoffv2.5.jar

I recommend the cm11 (kitkat 4.4.3) builds Ive been pushing out. You can find them here, make sure you grab the latest ones (they all have dates):
http://files.fernandob.com/#sgs4g/roms/cm11

Sent from my SGH-T959V