SuperSU offers to turn off knox?

Search This thread

skatin707

Jun 23, 2011
Honolulu, HI
Have any of you gotten to this screen? I went to update binaries and it said it would attempt to turn off knox. I canceled the process, but still it's interesting.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

cerobles1

Sep 10, 2011
Riverview
Have any of you gotten to this screen? I went to update binaries and it said it would attempt to turn off knox. I canceled the process, but still it's interesting.

It asked the same for me, I just said yes, although for some reason binaries seem to fail at updating. But when using an app that requires root, Super SU still asks to allow root to tha app. I also used Titanium Backup Pro to freeze three apps relating to Knox. You can also do that as well, just to be safe.

Reactions: skatin707

BAM1789

Dec 5, 2011
Mesa

I clicked okay. No matter what SuperSU doesn't update, but still works.

skatin707

Jun 23, 2011
Honolulu, HI
It asked the same for me, I just said yes, although for some reason binaries seem to fail at updating. But when using an app that requires root, Super SU still asks to allow root to tha app. I also used Titanium Backup Pro to freeze three apps relating to Knox. You can also do that as well, just to be safe.

That was my plan, but I figured I'd poke my nose around to see what others had done. New device, might as well be cautious.

sk8trix

May 26, 2011
Hudson county N.J
There's another thread here with a link to a SuperSU app that will not fail to update.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Premium HD app

jeffw111

Aug 27, 2010
There's another thread here with a link to a SuperSU app that will not fail to update.

Just FYI it was not actually a link to the SuperSU app the user just stated that he went to the website and downloaded the latest SuperSU files and manually installed SuperSU and then the updated apk. As you said after installing the new SuperSU.apk version it updates properly.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2783928

sk8trix

May 26, 2011
Hudson county N.J
What was the point of this post?

No link provided, no new info provided, so what's the point?

THIS thread isn't about failure to update, so I believe you are in the wrong thread.

Here is the link... And by the way you open the zip with the normal file manager and extract the files and then when you're in the folder find he apk and just install it. It not rocket science.

http://download.chainfire.eu/447/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.99r4.zip

Last edited:
Reactions: galaxy s4 nutjob

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yes I did it. It's safe to do and it does not increase the counter

What was the point of this post?

No link provided, no new info provided, so what's the point?

THIS thread isn't about failure to update, so I believe you are in the wrong thread.

Here is the link... And by the way you open the zip with the normal file manager and extract the files and then when you're in the folder find he apk and just install it. It not rocket science.

http://download.chainfire.eu/447/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.99r4.zip