Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,266 Members 40,202 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Note 10.1 Boot Loop. Can't access recovery mode

Tip us?

mowgli_writes
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Hi,

Could you let us know how it went after the service? I had similar problems with my Note 10.1 (n8013) but it seems to have gone away by itself. Had to let the battery die a couple of times a couple of times though, but now I'm running IOKP without a hitch. . Would really like to know what the Samsung service people diagnosed...

gnice3d
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Bump

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowgli_writes View Post
Hi,

Could you let us know how it went after the service? I had similar problems with my Note 10.1 (n8013) but it seems to have gone away by itself. Had to let the battery die a couple of times a couple of times though, but now I'm running IOKP without a hitch. . Would really like to know what the Samsung service people diagnosed...
BUMP : Same behavior here. I was able to upload an older stock ROM via odin but upon rebooting, the behavior persists and I still cannot boot into recovery mode. It would help tremendously if Samsung would pull their heads out of the asses and provide links to firmware but I cannot find an official source for any US version of the Note 10.1 (gt-n8013eavxar).

Side note to the origin of the problem. The tablet I am attempting to recover had never been rooted so I'm ruling out operator error as to how the device became so jammed up.

xcentric
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by robb-x View Post
Hi all,

I have a similar issue to kyleschepis.

I am not using a custom ROM. I have the stock ROM that came with the GT-N8013.

My issue started a week ago. My Galaxy Note had been having occasional issues with the external SD card. A warning would appear saying that the SD card had been removed, and a couple of seconds later it would re-mount and every thing was fine.

But last week, I picked up my note and turned the screen on (it was already started) and noticed the warning message while the screen was still locked. Then, as the second message was still being displayed letting me know that the SD card had been mounted, I swipe the screen to unlock. But instead of unlocking, my Note completely rebooted. It got as far as the logo screen (displaying "Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1"), but would go no further.

I AM able to get into the Odin download mode but CANNOT get into recovery mode no matter what I do.

I have tried re-flashing the stock ROM ("KIES_HOME_N8013UEUCMI3_N8013XARCMI3_813049_RE V00 _user_low_ship.tar.md5") several times, as well as trying to install customer recovery modes like CWM and TWRP, as well as the stock recovery. The installation in Odin seems to run fine - I get the "PASS" message at the end of the prodedure. But the power + volume up combination does NOT get me into recovery mode. Even if, as many have suggested, I continue holding the button combination until the logo screen displays a second or a third time.

I have been without my Note for a full week now, and I use it for everything. So, any help I can get would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Rob
bro have you found the solution ?

harrisyn
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Boot into recovery

I had a similar issue but then realised that the instructions I had been following were slightly inaccurate i.e. hold down power and volume up...... what worked for me was hold down power and volume up, when logo comes up, release power but hold on to the volume.

lets know if you already tried that.

rodrigofantino
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrisyn View Post
I had a similar issue but then realised that the instructions I had been following were slightly inaccurate i.e. hold down power and volume up...... what worked for me was hold down power and volume up, when logo comes up, release power but hold on to the volume.

lets know if you already tried that.

Thanks a lot for stupid it seams I did that and oala CWM XD.

Im resurrecting my tab from a hard brick so entering recovery is a greate deal for me a few ours ago i could only enter in download mode no at least i have a boot loop and recovery.

It´s factory reset and cache whipe time to get rid of the boot loop :P

nic.stl
Old
Thanks Meter 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodrigofantino View Post
Thanks a lot for stupid it seams I did that and oala CWM XD.

Im resurrecting my tab from a hard brick so entering recovery is a greate deal for me a few ours ago i could only enter in download mode no at least i have a boot loop and recovery.

It´s factory reset and cache whipe time to get rid of the boot loop :P
great ☺

Envoyé de mon GT-N8010 en utilisant Tapatalk