Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,416 Members 39,389 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to get stock firmware?

Tip us?

pcidiot
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 39
Default [Q] How to get stock firmware?

I used towelroot today. I uninstalled all of Knox and on a reboot phone will now not go past the at&t symbol. Does anyone have any ideas on what I can do or has the Stock firmware so I can odin back to stock or something? Thanks

dave1977nj
Old
Thanks Meter 131

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcidiot View Post
I used towelroot today. I uninstalled all of Knox and on a reboot phone will now not go past the at&t symbol. Does anyone have any ideas on what I can do or has the Stock firmware so I can odin back to stock or something? Thanks

I would like to know this as well I have tried to flash G900AUCU1ANCE but it would not flash with odin. Also tried KIES and it will not restore it either. I think it's because we are on G900AUCU2AND3 and it's newer. I hope someone can help.

pcidiot
Old
(Last edited by pcidiot; 16th June 2014 at 03:05 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1977nj View Post
I would like to know this as well I have tried to flash G900AUCU1ANCE but it would not flash with odin. Also tried KIES and it will not restore it either. I think it's because we are on G900AUCU2AND3 and it's newer. I hope someone can help.
Yeah, I just tried a recovery reset and its a no go still stuck on the at&t symbol for a few minutes already.
I did notice one thing while going in there though and I don't know if ATT has done something as when entering Recovery It states

# MANUAL MODE #
-- Appling Multi-CSC...
Applied the CSC-code : ATT
successfully applied multi-csc.

Forgive me if this is nothing to worry about as I don't know what it appies to I have never seen it in the many years I have been playing with phones. Also after hitting reboot in recovery I notice a error notice over the android really quick before it reboots.

NOT SURE IF I AM THE FIRST BUT I HAVE A SOFT BRICK, AND NOT SURE WHAT THE ABOVE MEANS?

cerobles1
Old
Thanks Meter 66
Curious thought. Did you try taking the battery out and leaving it out for about 5 minutes, and then reinserting it to see if it boots??? Also, reboot to recovery, use Up+Home+power when the off until you see blue letters

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

pcidiot
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by cerobles1 View Post
Curious thought. Did you try taking the battery out and leaving it out for about 5 minutes, and then reinserting it to see if it boots??? Also, reboot to recovery, use Up+Home+power when the off until you see blue letters

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Yup, I did the battery thing a few times. See previous post for the rest more info.