Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,834 Members 50,901 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Update available on Verizon Software Update Assistant. Possibly KitKat

Tip us?

thelonewolf1985
Old
Thanks Meter 1
nothing else that's why I am at a loss, doesn't give any error numbers or anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairdewx View Post
Have you done anything else to your phone? Maybe enable service menus? Something is not matching up with what should be stock.

hairdewx
Old
Thanks Meter 269
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelonewolf1985 View Post
nothing else that's why I am at a loss, doesn't give any error numbers or anything
When you check for software updates it will pop a window up showing the last failed attempt and there should be an error code in there somewhere. It doesn't mark it specifically as an error code.
See Xperia Play Games on my YouTube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/hairdewx

igotgame
Old
Thanks Meter 26
I think if you used Safestrap recovery at any point...You have to Odin back to stock MJE before you can take the OTA update. I haven't seen anyone say they successfully updated when they used Safestrap in the past.

I have Safestrap recovery uninstalled and am back to just stock rooted and the OTA still just fails.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3

thelonewolf1985
Old
Thanks Meter 1
never used safestrap

Quote:
Originally Posted by igotgame View Post
I think if you used Safestrap recovery at any point...You have to Odin back to stock MJE before you can take the OTA update. I haven't seen anyone say they successfully updated when they used Safestrap in the past.

I have Safestrap recovery uninstalled and am back to just stock rooted and the OTA still just fails.

igotgame
Old
Thanks Meter 26
I wonder if having the "Custom" logo at boot is an issue when trying to do the OTA?

hsbadr
Old
Thanks Meter 3,851

DONATE TO ME
A safe upgrade to NC4 is available here.

Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (N900V) & S5 (G900V)

Hit thanks, follow the thread & add a 5-star review... Donations are always appreciated!

welube
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default N900VVRUCNC4 on SM-N900v

I would like to know if there is anyway to downgrade from Kit Kat 4.4.2. flashed using N900VVRUCNC4 on SM-N900v. I need to root it once the verizon setup blocks a lot of stuff here in Brazil causing unstable Internet from 3g and wireless. I read that there is no way back, but must have a light at the end of the tunnel. Please let me know any possibility. Thanks a lot.

Borderpatrol1987
Old
Thanks Meter 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by welube View Post
I would like to know if there is anyway to downgrade from Kit Kat 4.4.2. flashed using N900VVRUCNC4 on SM-N900v. I need to root it once the verizon setup blocks a lot of stuff here in Brazil causing unstable Internet from 3g and wireless. I read that there is no way back, but must have a light at the end of the tunnel. Please let me know any possibility. Thanks a lot.
Once your on NC4, your stuck

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Free mobile app
Moto V188 -> RAZR -> BB 8100 -> BB 8900 -> Thunderbolt -> DROID RAZR HD -> Galaxy Note 3

If I helped you, hit thanks!

forstir9
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I thought root wouldn't happen?

fletch33
Old
Thanks Meter 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by forstir9 View Post
I thought root wouldn't happen?

I don't think anyone said that exactly but just that it keeps getting harder and devs speak of just not putting in effort anymire. Looks like 18k did it for geohot though