Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,235 Members 51,715 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ please reply fast ] overclocking mtk processors, need help

Tip us?

Aashutoshrraj
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default [ please reply fast ] overclocking mtk processors, need help

I have recently read on xda that mediatek is going to provide source code, does this means that mtk cpu can be overclocked like mt6575.
I am going to buy micromax unite 2 today it has mt6582 processor, itis possible to overclock it once the source code is available.

KJ
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2751
Hi!

No one can answer your question for certain. Until source is released, it seems no, you can't overclock. And when it is released, devs will need to work on custom kernels with overclocking ability.

So this discussion is all speculation. Personally, I'd never buy a device with hopes that one day I might be able to do something. I buy a device that suits my needs now. Cause nothing is ever a sure thing in the future.

Anyway.....if you want to ask this question and discuss it with others ...our general Q&A section would probably be the place for it. XDA Assist is not a place for discussions.

General Q&A,

http://forum.xda-developers.com/general/help
Sent from my N5, N7, Moto X, GTab3 or S2.

Need help with poor battery life on the N5...or any device really? Lots of info in first 3 posts! >>>>
[Battery Life Help] Troubleshoot Battery Issues Here....and Tips

The Following User Says Thank You to KJ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe