Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,571 Members 51,451 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Q] Cannot boot into Recovery Kernel revisited

Tip us?

Randy_C.
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Q] Cannot boot into Recovery Kernel revisited

I hate to go over a subject that has been covered before. So far all of the repair information I've uncovered is 3 or more years old. Many of the links to the appropriate software and data files are no longer valid.

I purchased a Viewsonic G Tablet off eBay. The previous owner had reverted it back to the stock configuration. This is my first Android device. I got it to run one specific application that was supposed to work on Android 2.0 or later. Since it was so out of date I could not even get to Google Play to load the app. I tried to go through the process of installing a newer version of Android like TNT lite. Unfortunately I screwed up the installation of Clockworkmod and now I'm stuck. Apparently it was not finished and I turned off the power. Now when I try the Vol+ and power button it hangs up showing "Recovery key detected Booting recovery kernel image" just like imarinkrat1 had in May 2011.

Like I said many of the links to the programs and data/image files to re-flash it are no longer working. Can anybody update the procedures? I only really need the recovery kernel repaired so that I can get Clockworkmod going.

The unit boots to the user screen fine. It can be accessed through the USB as a disc drive. The APX mode seems to be working as well. Here are some additional details:

model number = UPC3002.2
Andriod OS version = 2.2
Tap UI version = 1.2-5699
Kernel version = 2.6.32.9-svn4979 hudson@tapntapbuild #2
build number = FRF91

rajeevvp
Old
Thanks Meter 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy_C. View Post
...Unfortunately I screwed up the installation of Clockworkmod and now I'm stuck. Apparently it was not finished and I turned off the power. Now when I try the Vol+ and power button it hangs up showing "Recovery key detected Booting recovery kernel image"
I only really need the recovery kernel repaired so that I can get Clockworkmod going.
See this thread.

Quote:
The unit boots to the user screen fine. It can be accessed through the USB as a disc drive. The APX mode seems to be working as well. Here are some additional details:

model number = UPC3002.2
Andriod OS version = 2.2
Tap UI version = 1.2-5699
Kernel version = 2.6.32.9-svn4979 hudson@tapntapbuild #2
build number = FRF91
Most likely you installed the wrong version of CWM (one with a kernel built to run on a version 1.1 bootloader--like CWM v08 from bekit) on your tablet, which has a version 1.2 bootloader (see the Tap UI version string).