Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,985 Members 54,050 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] What recovery do I use?

Tip us?

nexusbandit
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazymonkey05 View Post
Just use system 3 and beyond and you will be OK....stock ROM will always be there unless you touch sys 1 and 2

Sent from my ATT Samsung Galaxy SIII using TapaTalk
How do you remove an unwanted rom? Right now I am playing with slimkat which so far is pretty stable..it dont have the features i like but its stable as heck..its on system 3 ..also do i need to back up my stock os as long as i dont install a rom on system 1 and two? Stock is always there as long as i only put roms on 3 on right?

Sent from my MB865 using XDA Free mobile app

crazymonkey05
Old
(Last edited by crazymonkey05; 12th June 2014 at 08:40 AM.)
Thanks Meter 197

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by nexusbandit View Post
How do you remove an unwanted rom? Right now I am playing with slimkat which so far is pretty stable..it dont have the features i like but its stable as heck..its on system 3 ..also do i need to back up my stock os as long as i dont install a rom on system 1 and two? Stock is always there as long as i only put roms on 3 on right?

I would back up just in case but yes if you leave sys 1 and 2 alone nothing should happen to them......and to overwrite slimkat just format the system its on and the standard factory reset (format /data /cache /delvick) and you should be OK for a new ROM on that system

If i helped hit the thanks button.

Current Device: Samsung Galaxy SIII (SGH-I747)

ROM: Stock Touchwiz Rom

Kernel: Stock 3.0.31-2024954

Previous Devices: Motorola Droid 1, Pantech Crossover, Motorola Droid X, LG Revolution, Sony Ericsson Xperia Play (r800x)
The Following User Says Thank You to crazymonkey05 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nexusbandit
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazymonkey05 View Post
I would back up just in case but yes if you leave sys 1 and 2 alone nothing should happen to them......and to overwrite slimkat just format the system its on and the standard factory reset (format /data /cache /delvick) and you should be OK for a new ROM on that system

Is there any roms that actually support 4g? I have tried several and not one has the 4g setting under network settings

crazymonkey05
Old
Thanks Meter 197

DONATE TO ME
I don't know.....I don't own a atrix 2 my brother does and he does not use the cell service on it so I don't know.....and also if you overwrite a ROM you may have to destroy the system you want to put it on...in my experience just formating leads to system uid errors and crashes

If i helped hit the thanks button.

Current Device: Samsung Galaxy SIII (SGH-I747)

ROM: Stock Touchwiz Rom

Kernel: Stock 3.0.31-2024954

Previous Devices: Motorola Droid 1, Pantech Crossover, Motorola Droid X, LG Revolution, Sony Ericsson Xperia Play (r800x)
The Following User Says Thank You to crazymonkey05 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]