Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,098 Members 46,026 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

how do I update if I'm rooted?

Tip us?

reinaldistic
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 171

DONATE TO ME
Default how do I update if I'm rooted?

if/when an update comes out for the sprint tab 3 7.0 (t217s) how do I update if I'm rooted?

Sent from my 831C using XDA Free mobile app

Ripshock
Old
Thanks Meter 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by reinaldistic View Post
if/when an update comes out for the sprint tab 3 7.0 (t217s) how do I update if I'm rooted?

Sent from my 831C using XDA Free mobile app
Idk if this work but if you have super su there is an option in setting says full unroot try it then scan for update if it didn't work just go to sammobile.com>firmware type your model then download one and flash through odin

Model:SM-T210R/ Rom: Stockrom Series v7.5/ Kernel: Blackhawk v2.1/ Mood: Satisfied
Just don't get foolish, read the Rules
and stay cOoOoOol
The Following User Says Thank You to Ripshock For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

keithabrown
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Is there any extra difficulty in getting root back after going to 4.4.2?

Lincoln99
Old
Thanks Meter 0
The way I would do it is find the new firmware on SamMobile (or some other site), download it, and flash it through your Recovery. Can't say for sure if you would still have root access, if not you could try re-rooting it with Framaroot (if it works for KitKat)...

moonbutt74
Old
Thanks Meter 124
Default question

hey,

if i remember correctly, the option of downloading the update and choosing to install/flash it later exists.
should leave an update.zip on you sdcard or in you file system somewhere. now if you could take that
zip and do some root voodoo to it then flash it that might work right? you are rooted so you have a custom
recovery so you don't have to be concerned about signatures because you can su in terminal and dd your
image appropriately or in some instances use root browser to replace files manually.......and then if you post that
tasty update for consumption......also the should be an ota block in you partition scheme,maybe that's useful
maybe not.....?

m
[no message]

War Ensemble on Ukelele https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VznAYy5yL2A

github https://github.com/moonbutt74?tab=repositories

i don't know how to do the html stuff