Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,463 Members 39,740 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Significant general lag after installing Xposed Framework

Tip us?

UnlimitedN20
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Arrow Significant general lag after installing Xposed Framework

Rooted S5 (SM-G900F) with CF-Auto Root without problems, disabled KNOX, everything worked fine. After installing the Xposed Framework (latest) the phone get super laggy. NOTE: No Xposed Modules were activated. No SHealt force closes or anything like that some users were reporting. Only clearly visible general lag everywhere. Tried uninstalling the Framework, everything went back to normal. After reinstall, the lag appeared again.(tried 3 times, 100% it's from the framework)
Baseband: G900FXXU1ANCE
The lag has no trace in LogCat so it's irrelevant.

I hope @rovo89 already knows about the problem, but for now any solution, fix or idea?
█║▌│█│║▌║││█││█║▌║││█║▌║║▌║▌║█║▌│█│║▌║││█║▌║││█║▌║ ▌║█║▌│█

aooga
Old
Thanks Meter 861
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnlimitedN20 View Post
Rooted S5 (SM-G900F) with CF-Auto Root without problems, disabled KNOX, everything worked fine. After installing the Xposed Framework (latest) the phone get super laggy. NOTE: No Xposed Modules were activated. No SHealt force closes or anything like that some users were reporting. Only clearly visible general lag everywhere. Tried uninstalling the Framework, everything went back to normal. After reinstall, the lag appeared again.(tried 3 times, 100% it's from the framework)

I hope @rovo89 already knows about the problem, but for now any solution, fix or idea?
I don't have a fix, but I have the same problem. I can live without it though, so I just uninstalled it for now.
The Following User Says Thank You to aooga For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

babygau
Old
Thanks Meter 202
Quote:

it's very strange, because i experience no issue at all with both xposed framework and s health.

i'm using sm-g900i and here is my set-up:
- taiwanese stockrom: my original stock rom is au vodafone firmware and it's not up-to-date so i flash this one in order to have camera at lockscreen and modify dock icons which is impossible in "australia only" stock
- i flash this rom using mobile odin pro <~~ not sure if this helps!
- i flash philz touch recovery using mobile odin pro
- install xposed framework, reboot
- update everything through goole play to make sure all system apps are up-to-date
- i haven't removed/disabled any bloat ware, just hide them (greenify donation version helps a lot here)
- no laggy performance at all

hope it helps you all!
Please click THANKS button on the left instead of just saying if you find my post useful for you ,

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk Pro

Device: Galaxy S5 G900I
ROM: XtreStoLite ROM by @edgarf28
Kernel: KT Kernel by @ktoonsez with modified ktoonsifized v2 profile
The Following User Says Thank You to babygau For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cokenet
Old
Thanks Meter 268
Quote:

Xposed doesnt work correctly with rooted device only by using a custom kernel. You have to install also a custom rom.

OR ...

you have to change the build.prop, if you just only use a custom kernel with Xposed Framework.

- Take Root Explorer for example and open build.prop (to find in System)
- First uninstall Xposed Framwork again ...
- then go to build.prop to the line ( “ro.securestorage.support=true” )
- change true to false ( “ro.securestorage.support=false” )
- now reinstall Xposed Framework
- restart your device and both working well without any lags.

By rooting the phone the secure mode doesnt work anymore, so you have to change that in build.prop.
You dont need to do so with custom kernel and custom rom running, but with custom kernel and stock rom, as I told at the beginning.

cheers
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cokenet For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

UnlimitedN20
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by cokenet View Post
Xposed doesnt work correctly with rooted device only by using a custom kernel. You have to install also a custom rom.

OR ...

you have to change the build.prop, if you just only use a custom kernel with Xposed Framework.

- Take Root Explorer for example and open build.prop (to find in System)
- First uninstall Xposed Framwork again ...
- then go to build.prop to the line ( “ro.securestorage.support=true” )
- change true to false ( “ro.securestorage.support=false” )
- now reinstall Xposed Framework
- restart your device and both working well without any lags.

By rooting the phone the secure mode doesnt work anymore, so you have to change that in build.prop.
You dont need to do so with custom kernel and custom rom running, but with custom kernel and stock rom, as I told at the beginning.

cheers
Editing build.prop solved the lag problem with Xposed Framework, but now Shealt force closes. :|.

cokenet
Old
Thanks Meter 268
Quote:
Editing build.prop solved the lag problem with Xposed Framework, but now Shealt force closes. :|.
Try to clear Data of SHealth in App Manager.
The Following User Says Thank You to cokenet For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

FreakyFreakGA
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by cokenet View Post
Try to clear Data of SHealth in App Manager.
Doesn't Work, right now as it stands is if you install Xposed Installer, the phone lags an you can't use S Health anyway, but you can do the build prop edit and get rid of the lag from Xposed and still not be able to use S Health as it will now FC no matter what lol, so if we want to use Xposed and liek S Health, we can't have both.

babygau
Old
Thanks Meter 202
clear Health Service data as well, it should fix your prob
Please click THANKS button on the left instead of just saying if you find my post useful for you ,

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk Pro

Device: Galaxy S5 G900I
ROM: XtreStoLite ROM by @edgarf28
Kernel: KT Kernel by @ktoonsez with modified ktoonsifized v2 profile
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to babygau For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

FreakyFreakGA
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Fixed it!