Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,756 Members 41,199 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

STock EVO3D boot loop Sprint 2.95 HBOOT 1.58

Tip us?

dantheman86
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default STock EVO3D boot loop Sprint 2.95 HBOOT 1.58

Can someone please help me. I can get into fastboot usb but I can not flash anything on this phone (stuck in boot loop). It is a stock non rooted Sprint EVO3d on 2.95.651.6 with hboot 1.58. It's locked and sON all stock. Apparently there is no Sprint RUU for the 2.95 and I was wonder if there is anything else I can do. I have looked everywhere and am lost. I am trying to fix this phone as the wifes HTC ONE m7 bricked yesterday while my kids were playing games and it won't turn on (tried everything the most I can do was get it into the bootloader but selecting any option would just make the phone freeze sprint confirmed it is bricked and now we lost some family photos, I am not too happy about. although her fault for not backing them up) That phone I have to call HTC on in the morning for a replacement since I do not want a refurb from Sprint that will take 5 days anyways. Anyways does anyone know what I can do with this Evo3d that won't boot.

Thanks in advance,

Dan

P.S. rooted many phones just been a while (Wanted to stay stock because it was just going to be a kids toy now we need it)

jcfunk
Old
Thanks Meter 200
On the road now but I can send you the link 4 flashable firmware from SD card when I get home

Sent from my DOWNGRADED EVO 3D

dantheman86
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcfunk View Post
On the road now but I can send you the link 4 flashable firmware from SD card when I get home

Sent from my DOWNGRADED EVO 3D
How would I be able to flash from the sdcard without having a recovery installed on the phone? If I even try to go into recovery it just loop boots, also a factory reset was of no help.

Thanks!

jcfunk
Old
Thanks Meter 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknownforce View Post
Well, with the 2.95 OTA, they included the HBOOT in the firmware, so it's now much faster of a load time for PG86IMG when doing the brick.

I pulled the new PG86IMG.zip from the OTA update, and it's only 19MB, which takes only 15-20 seconds to fully load and be ready to press volume up to update... this will significantly cut down on the time it takes to downgrade, as you can re-try over and over very quickly now.

Here's the PG86IMG file -> http://d-h.st/3p8
The pg86img.zip is read by hboot from sdcard root and flashed, or you can fastboot it from computer.

from directory with pg86img.zip, command or terminal

Code:
fastboot oem rebootRUU
fastboot flash zip pg86img.zip
will send zip to phone and flash, then will return to prompt. phone will not reboot by its self, need to enter

Code:
fastboot  reboot
this is not a full rom but the update from 2.89 to 2.95. May need to look for way to fastboot and wipe data or maybe a factory reset might help.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 11:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 PM ----------

didn't read your post before posting, LOL.

---------- Post added at 11:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 PM ----------

also can the HTC one go into fastboot? if so you can pull the files from it. I use linux for most playing with Android devices, is just easier