FORUMS

Themes for SM-N910U Exynos Note 4

Samsung has too many phone variants for their flagships, which leaves out users incapable of getting … more

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (Apr 26 – May 2)

Here in the digital XDA newsroom, we spend our days pouring over an average of … more

Sunday Debate: Great Camera Hardware, or Software?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on phone cameras. Come with your opinions and feel … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (Apr 25 – May 1)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] S5, Updating to 4.4.3 when rooted?

16th June 2014, 12:37 AM |#11  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aooga

go into the app drawer, hold the phone icon, then drag it over to the top where it says "app info".

4.4.2-g900iztu1ane3
The Following User Says Thank You to Ghosthree3 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
16th June 2014, 12:40 AM |#12  
aooga's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 942
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghosthree3

4.4.2-g900iztu1ane3

See this is the weird part. There was no way the root file would have downgraded you to this. How long did it take to flash cf auto root? Probably 15 seconds. For the phone to downgrade every app and the whole system partition would take a minimum of 5-10 minutes. Meh, who knows.
16th June 2014, 12:42 AM |#13  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aooga

See this is the weird part. There was no way the root file would have downgraded you to this. How long did it take to flash cf auto root? Probably 15 seconds. For the phone to downgrade every app and the whole system partition would take a minimum of 5-10 minutes. Meh, who knows.

Yeah I dunno, it was pretty quick. Regardless of how it downgraded it. How do I upgrade it later? I get it's not readily available at the moment, but since the software update button no longer works how will I do it later? Is it as simple as unrooting, then updating, then rerooting? If so...would it just downgrade it again "some how".
16th June 2014, 12:45 AM |#14  
aooga's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 942
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghosthree3

Yeah I dunno, it was pretty quick. Regardless of how it downgraded it. How do I upgrade it later? I get it's not readily available at the moment, but since the software update button no longer works how will I do it later? Is it as simple as unrooting, then updating, then rerooting? If so...would it just downgrade it again "some how".

Once you root, you can't get OTA's anymore. You would have to use ODIN to flash the newest software which would wipe all your data. The other option is to just flash a stock rom in a custom recovery since you're rooted anyway.
16th June 2014, 12:47 AM |#15  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aooga

Once you root, you can't get OTA's anymore. You would have to use ODIN to flash the newest software which would wipe all your data. The other option is to just flash a stock rom in a custom recovery since you're rooted anyway.

....Right. So, I assume there will be some kind of instructions for this when 4.4.3 is officially released? I'd look into how to do what you say now except there would be no point.
16th June 2014, 05:50 AM |#16  
aooga's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 942
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghosthree3

....Right. So, I assume there will be some kind of instructions for this when 4.4.3 is officially released? I'd look into how to do what you say now except there would be no point.

1. Follow this guide: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2697762
2. Find a rom in the "development" section that says it's a stock rom. It should say wether or not it's an ODIN or zip file. (example, http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2770616)
3. Just flash that without wiping and if there is a corresponding firmware file (usually also posted in the same thread), flash that with ODIN.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes