[Q] S5, Updating to 4.4.3 when rooted?

OP Ghosthree3

16th June 2014, 01:37 AM   |  #11  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3

10 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aooga

go into the app drawer, hold the phone icon, then drag it over to the top where it says "app info".

4.4.2-g900iztu1ane3
The Following User Says Thank You to Ghosthree3 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th June 2014, 01:40 AM   |  #12  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 931

3,139 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghosthree3

4.4.2-g900iztu1ane3

See this is the weird part. There was no way the root file would have downgraded you to this. How long did it take to flash cf auto root? Probably 15 seconds. For the phone to downgrade every app and the whole system partition would take a minimum of 5-10 minutes. Meh, who knows.
16th June 2014, 01:42 AM   |  #13  
OP Junior Member

10 posts
Quote:

See this is the weird part. There was no way the root file would have downgraded you to this. How long did it take to flash cf auto root? Probably 15 seconds. For the phone to downgrade every app and the whole system partition would take a minimum of 5-10 minutes. Meh, who knows.

Yeah I dunno, it was pretty quick. Regardless of how it downgraded it. How do I upgrade it later? I get it's not readily available at the moment, but since the software update button no longer works how will I do it later? Is it as simple as unrooting, then updating, then rerooting? If so...would it just downgrade it again "some how".
16th June 2014, 01:45 AM   |  #14  
Flag California

3,139 posts
More
Quote:

Yeah I dunno, it was pretty quick. Regardless of how it downgraded it. How do I upgrade it later? I get it's not readily available at the moment, but since the software update button no longer works how will I do it later? Is it as simple as unrooting, then updating, then rerooting? If so...would it just downgrade it again "some how".

Once you root, you can't get OTA's anymore. You would have to use ODIN to flash the newest software which would wipe all your data. The other option is to just flash a stock rom in a custom recovery since you're rooted anyway.
16th June 2014, 01:47 AM   |  #15  
OP Junior Member

10 posts
Quote:

Once you root, you can't get OTA's anymore. You would have to use ODIN to flash the newest software which would wipe all your data. The other option is to just flash a stock rom in a custom recovery since you're rooted anyway.

....Right. So, I assume there will be some kind of instructions for this when 4.4.3 is officially released? I'd look into how to do what you say now except there would be no point.
16th June 2014, 06:50 AM   |  #16  
Flag California

3,139 posts
More
Quote:

....Right. So, I assume there will be some kind of instructions for this when 4.4.3 is officially released? I'd look into how to do what you say now except there would be no point.

1. Follow this guide: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2697762
2. Find a rom in the "development" section that says it's a stock rom. It should say wether or not it's an ODIN or zip file. (example, http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2770616)
3. Just flash that without wiping and if there is a corresponding firmware file (usually also posted in the same thread), flash that with ODIN.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread