Project Ara Smartphone Will Run Modified Android L with Hot Swapping

Project Ara is a very exciting topic–both for hardware and … more

Streamline Android Theme Customization with Graphic Porter

I dont have a custom theme on my Android phone, and the reason for this is because … more

Boost the Brightness of Your Sony Xperia Z1’s LED

I think the last time anyone has ever used a physical torch to find their earphones, … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: Modify the Look of Your Volume Control – XDA TV

How many screenshots have you seen with a volume status bar in the … more
Post Reply

Is this cpu temp normal

14th June 2014, 03:01 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 65
 
481 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
More
I have lyapota kernel with undervolt but get this cpu temp. Is this normal?

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1402711294992.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	2796874  
14th June 2014, 01:15 PM   |  #2  
intel007's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Kent/London
Thanks Meter: 445
 
1,054 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
More
That looks extremely hot my friend, I have never seen mine that hot.

What was your phone doing to reach those temperatures?

What are your settings?
Which version of kernel?
Governor?
Voltages?
here's my temps
Using lm#17 pre aroma
-75 cpu undervolt

Even under full load I'm only seeing a maximum of around 50-55
Last edited by intel007; 14th June 2014 at 01:23 PM.
14th June 2014, 02:46 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 65
 
481 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by intel007

That looks extremely hot my friend, I have never seen mine that hot.

What was your phone doing to reach those temperatures?

What are your settings?
Which version of kernel?
Governor?
Voltages?
here's my temps
Using lm#17 pre aroma
-75 cpu undervolt

Even under full load I'm only seeing a maximum of around 50-55

Played glowball for 5 minutes. Lyapota kernel latest version with ondemand and -25 cpu undervolt

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
14th June 2014, 02:57 PM   |  #4  
intel007's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Kent/London
Thanks Meter: 445
 
1,054 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
More
Seems really hot to me, try 017 and see how it differs mate, undervolt it a little more too
14th June 2014, 05:21 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 65
 
481 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by intel007

Seems really hot to me, try 017 and see how it differs mate, undervolt it a little more too

Heats up the same and when i undervolt more it gets unstable

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
16th June 2014, 06:54 AM   |  #6  
audahadi's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Dimana-mana
Thanks Meter: 1,262
 
879 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaiselW

Heats up the same and when i undervolt more it gets unstable

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Highest at 81C is normal...it won't go pass that. Stock kernel capped at 85C. When reach at that temp, CPU will be throttled to maintain below capped temp.

Just don't play heavy games while charging. Almost can fried egg with this phone. [emoji39]

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk
Last edited by audahadi; 16th June 2014 at 06:57 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to audahadi For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes