KitKat for DX?

Search This thread

Aaahh

Nov 4, 2013
Are you still gonna try to port 10.2 and then piggy back 11 from that Aaaah?

It dont matter no more, as i see far than the glore, see by the dawn she soar , over the trees past the fidle de door...
I was board there, i was waitting for a sbf, Um yeah it doesnt matter, Cm10.2 would run and cm11 would run if one or the other does, now i'm going stright to cm11... Testing something now...

Aaahh

Nov 4, 2013
Happy day are here again!

YEAH!!
I got twerp running...!!! Minor problems, Soon to find out if the rom works!
The minor problem is i forgot about one of the partitions fstab, data is mounted, but thats not important, as its not used...
Oh data isnt mounted because of its format, easy fix but changing to "auto"
I:Actual block device: '', current file system: 'ext4'

Also portal 2 came out for linux, anyone feel like giving me a steam key? :p
I ran the zip and there was another minor issue that i'm fixxing with the asserts (requirements) my fix is to remove them, great fix huh?:p

Successfull flash!

Attachments

• defy_twrp_recovery_2.6.3.0(8).zip
    7.5 MB · Views: 20
Last edited:

Bobcus Leper

Feb 6, 2014
Moto X4
Moto G Stylus
YEAH!!
I got twerp running...!!! Minor problems, Soon to find out if the rom works!
The minor problem is i forgot about one of the partitions fstab, data is mounted, but thats not important, as its not used...
Oh data isnt mounted because of its format, easy fix but changing to "auto"
I:Actual block device: '', current file system: 'ext4'

Also portal 2 came out for linux, anyone feel like giving me a steam key? :p
I ran the zip and there was another minor issue that i'm fixxing with the asserts (requirements) my fix is to remove them, great fix huh?:p

Successfull flash!

OH BOY!:D:D:D EXCITED!

Sent from my DROIDX using xda app-developers app

Aaahh

Nov 4, 2013
For those following this thread.
continued here Cm11!!! Droid x!!!!!

Actually i like this fourm as the dev fourm, sorry if i hijack this thread but i think the other thread should be releases and Normal questions...
I liked it to be like that but i see your ignored this....

---------- Post added at 09:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 PM ----------

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=50810292&postcount=3101
Also i went to the stock recovery and cache couldnt be mounted...
I had to reformat cache then data...

Last edited:

jhauer1

Jun 16, 2014
DX Kit Kat ROM Zips not reading

I'm able to get through the entire process until I have to flash the zip to install the ROM/OS. I'm getting a message saying that it could not open the zip. It seems like this is the case for multiple versions of the CM-11 zips. I've also unzipped the file and put that on the SD card too but I cannot figure out how to get this to work. Can someone please assist? what am I doing incorrectly?

Thanks,

J

Bobcus Leper

Feb 6, 2014
Moto X4
Moto G Stylus
I'm able to get through the entire process until I have to flash the zip to install the ROM/OS. I'm getting a message saying that it could not open the zip. It seems like this is the case for multiple versions of the CM-11 zips. I've also unzipped the file and put that on the SD card too but I cannot figure out how to get this to work. Can someone please assist? what am I doing incorrectly?

Thanks,

J

Why did you post in this thread?

Sent from my XT912 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: Oggie7797

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor / XDA Welcome Team
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire

Thanks,

J
Do not unzip roms or GApps, install as a zip file.
This is as good as any thread to ask in.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Messing with motorola

I felt like asking for the developer sbf (doesn't exist but i was wondering if they just didn't release it...
    so I went to moto's chat, my response if you care...
    Edit: I guess I was reported after the 123 thing...
    Code:
     Brenda: Hi, my name is Brenda. How may I help you?
    Aaahh: Hi
    Aaahh: I have a developer question
    Brenda: Okay. I'll do my best to assist you.
    Brenda: Are you still there?
    Aaahh: Can I get a bootloader unlocked sbf for the droid x
    Brenda: I apologize but we don't have that information.

Brenda: You cannot unlock the bootloader of the phone.
    Aaahh: Can i have an sbf?
    Aaahh: BL_3004_cdma_shadow_Developer_replacer_HSPart
    Brenda: Motorola's primary focus is the security of our end users and protection of their data, while also meeting carrier, partner and legal requirements. The Droid X and a majority of Android consumer devices on the market today have a secured bootloader.  

In reference specifically to eFuse, the technology is not loaded with the purpose of preventing a consumer device from functioning, but rather ensuring for the user that the device only runs on updated and tested versions of software.   If a device attempts to boot with unapproved software, it will go into recovery mode, and can re-boot once approved software is re-installed. Checking for a valid software configuration is a common practice within the industry to protect the user against potential malicious software threats.  Motorola has been a long time advocate of open platforms and provides a number of resources to developers to foster the ecosystem including tools and access to devices for developers via MOTODEV at  http://developer.motorola.com.
    Aaahh: I Read...
    Aaahh: I just want: BL_3004_cdma_shadow_Developer_replacer_HSPart.sbf
    Brenda: For further information, please contact our forum support at  https://forums.motorola.com/pages/home
    Aaahh: So I can't have the file?
    Brenda: I apologize but we don't have that information.

Aaahh: Then can I supply the info of "yes"?
    Brenda: I'm not sure but you can try with them.
    Aaahh: Okay, the file?
    Brenda: Yes.
    Aaahh: Link?
    Brenda: Please contact our forum support at  https://forums.motorola.com/pages/home
    Aaahh: For what?
    Aaahh: I beleve You would have the file...
    Brenda: As much as I would like to provide you that file, we don't have it.
    Aaahh: Are you sure?
    Brenda: Yes, I am sure.
    Aaahh: Did you use the "search" function or even check the list
    Brenda: Yes and we don't have that. \
    Aaahh: What company are you in?
    Aaahh: Google or the us
    Brenda: Motorola US support.
    Aaahh: Took awhile, you must be busy, i recommend stoping and counting to three, then taking a break
    Aaahh: one
    Aaahh: two
    Aaahh: three!
    Aaahh: Ok i;m sorry
    Aaahh: Bye
    Brenda: Thank you. Anything else?
    Brenda: If you need any more information get in touch. Thanks from Motorola, bye!
    Aaahh: No
    Brenda has disconnected.
    Post everything you've got so far and then take a break for the holidays.?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

:p, good point, I already am...
    List of issues fixed for build:
    Wifi✓
    Liblights✓
    Recovery✓
    Hijack-boot✓
    Everything else not related in anyway to Ext4_Utils✓
    Ext4_Utils
    Changed for install on .621 _
    (I know how to change it, steps a couple pages back)
    That's just for build, not boot, but It should boot, if not then its probably just that some locations have changed and I need to edit the Hijack stuff.
    Also the Droid x never supported Ex4... According to a couple pages before...

---------- Post added at 06:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:58 PM ----------

Update, the ext4_utils is just a tool the recovery uses, I'm sure its just safe to use the old one and new one, just change the name of the old one, and in the recovery, and then things should build. Hooray, going to test.

---------- Post added at 06:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:28 PM ----------

Another update :p, I’m going to be smart and just use the recovery out folder from the ics, its just recovery.
    Ok, already got package complete with out hijack:

And here is what i have: cm-11-20140109-UNOFFICIAL-shadow.zip
    Uploaded just for explore. Strongly NOT recommended to flashing it on your phone. Also unpacked size of files is bigger than system partition on DX is.
    Ok, already got package complete with out hijack:

And here is what i have: cm-11-20140109-UNOFFICIAL-shadow.zip
    Uploaded just for explore. Strongly NOT recommended to flashing it on your phone. Also unpacked size of files is bigger than system partition on DX is.

It wont boot... Needs hijack but that tells ALOT... i have an idea
    I was accually debating that... if 2.6 works 3 should too, just a few changes...

Update, I just fixed alot of issues with Bootmenu
    It would clear out your data partition instead of your cache everytime used correctly, thats why my phone would, then wouldn't boot!
    Should have took alook, i have lots of bootmenu files that i didn't make and forgot where they come form :p and so this will be a much smaller Cwm6 and Rzrecovery(lets you recharge!!!! (stable)) bootmenu that wont clear out your data, Also click the (Home) button to see the log and REPORT!!!
    I'll upload it soon, DONT USE BOOTMENU TILL THEN!!!

Overall, i'm impressed we got it up and running. And fyi to you and everyone else, flashing the first zip is all thats needed to get into bootmenu. It gives the blue led. Flashing the second zip right after that gives that whole red led issue i was talking about in my previous post. Also, these zips break the bootstrap, and in the same breath, bootstrap breaks these zips. So for right now, its have a recovery or have a bootmenu.

Sent from my MB886 using xda app-developers app