Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,301 Members 50,195 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Headphone jack broken (no voice input, remote controls)

Tip us?

sz1a
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 34
Default [Q] Headphone jack broken (no voice input, remote controls)

My S4 Active headset jack seems to be broken. I have a pair of working headphones which I tested in another Galaxy device and both the remote control button and the microphone works. On the S4 however, only audio out works.

Does anyone know which pins are responsible for which function? I was able to active the remote function and starting a song by using a small screw driver and manipulating the connections.
Do you live in Asia? Buy a Vaporizer from AsiaVape.co. AsiaVape serves all of Asia and is your premium outlet for US vaporizers such as the Ploom Pax and Magic Flight Launch Box.
Contact us ----> Line ID: asiavape.co

sz1a
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 34
Great news! I was able to repair it myself. I just took a micro screwdriver and manually bent each of the three pins situated on the left wall (if looking at the device screen facing you) inwards toward the opening. Now it all connects and voice and remote works again. I suspect water might have caused these to lose their springyness.
Do you live in Asia? Buy a Vaporizer from AsiaVape.co. AsiaVape serves all of Asia and is your premium outlet for US vaporizers such as the Ploom Pax and Magic Flight Launch Box.
Contact us ----> Line ID: asiavape.co
The Following User Says Thank You to sz1a For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]