Speaker Quality

OP 88EVGAFTW

2nd June 2014, 10:36 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag San Diego, CA
Thanks Meter: 132

722 posts
More
I noticed right off the bat that the speaker on the back of the S5 sounds distorted and has too much treble and bass. It doesn't sound so great when listening to Youtube videos or Music. The S3 had a much better sounding speaker and a bit louder.

I was hoping there would be an App in the phone like on previous phones to control Speaker and Headphone sound settings and equalizers. However I have not been able to find anything like that in the S5 like MusicFx for Speaker.

Any idea what can be done for this or an App that can be used to control the sound settings for the speaker?
3rd June 2014, 08:27 PM   |  #2  
Flag Colorado
Thanks Meter: 39

334 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 88EVGAFTW

I noticed right off the bat that the speaker on the back of the S5 sounds distorted and has too much treble and bass. It doesn't sound so great when listening to Youtube videos or Music. The S3 had a much better sounding speaker and a bit louder.

I was hoping there would be an App in the phone like on previous phones to control Speaker and Headphone sound settings and equalizers. However I have not been able to find anything like that in the S5 like MusicFx for Speaker.

Any idea what can be done for this or an App that can be used to control the sound settings for the speaker?

For some reason, Spotify, whatever EQ that it uses, affects all of my audio. I don't have any complaints about the speaker itself. Imo, it's the best speaker I've had.

Sent from my SM-G900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
4th June 2014, 09:23 AM   |  #3  
Flag LOS ANGELES
Thanks Meter: 1,100

2,216 posts
More
Viper audio sounds good to me

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
16th June 2014, 08:44 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag San Diego, CA
Thanks Meter: 132