Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,151 Members 49,659 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Speaker Quality

Tip us?

88EVGAFTW
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 132
Default Speaker Quality

I noticed right off the bat that the speaker on the back of the S5 sounds distorted and has too much treble and bass. It doesn't sound so great when listening to Youtube videos or Music. The S3 had a much better sounding speaker and a bit louder.

I was hoping there would be an App in the phone like on previous phones to control Speaker and Headphone sound settings and equalizers. However I have not been able to find anything like that in the S5 like MusicFx for Speaker.

Any idea what can be done for this or an App that can be used to control the sound settings for the speaker?

DistrictDigital
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by 88EVGAFTW View Post
I noticed right off the bat that the speaker on the back of the S5 sounds distorted and has too much treble and bass. It doesn't sound so great when listening to Youtube videos or Music. The S3 had a much better sounding speaker and a bit louder.

I was hoping there would be an App in the phone like on previous phones to control Speaker and Headphone sound settings and equalizers. However I have not been able to find anything like that in the S5 like MusicFx for Speaker.

Any idea what can be done for this or an App that can be used to control the sound settings for the speaker?
For some reason, Spotify, whatever EQ that it uses, affects all of my audio. I don't have any complaints about the speaker itself. Imo, it's the best speaker I've had.

Sent from my SM-G900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
~Here in this world I'm awaked with mistakes but it's love that keeps fueling me, fueling me.
Current Phone : Sprint Samsung Galaxy S5 @ Sprint
ROM : MOAR v1.0
Recovery : Philz Touch
Past Phones : Sprint Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini @ Sprint
T-Mobile myTouch 4G / HTC Glacier @ T-Mobile

Don't be afraid to give thanks to those who deserve it!

banccalif
Old
Thanks Meter 999
Viper audio sounds good to me

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

88EVGAFTW
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 132
I want to try to avoid rooting etc...but I will try spotify