Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,908 Members 53,802 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

SM-G900T finally Dry - Samsung Logo Reboot Loop

Tip us?

aooga
Old
Thanks Meter 821
Quote:
Originally Posted by dondrel View Post
Thanks, the funny thing is everyone was saying, "Don't do it, you're crazy". My bath tub isn't a meter deep. In hindsight I probably should have read the fine print or not believed "the hype".

So here's my update.
I'm back! And now that my warranty is gone I'll be moving to the rooting section of the forum.

Hope this helps others.
If I were you, I would have just called samsung and told them what happened. They aren't legally allowed to advertise something as IP67 and deny you service for something that fell within the restrictions (1m and 30 minutes). Yeah, you can't prove you did that, but they can't prove anything either, so they usually just replace it for you.

johan81
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Good to read that you got it sorted! And I agree with aooga, call Samsung and be decisive, ask for a higher tier when they say they can't help you. Usually you will get good service when you politely push a bit. Your issue now is that your phone still isn't waterproof, so you can tell them that is your warranty issue, phone does not comply with IP67 as advertised.

They of course can test that their selves, put in a new sticker that can detect water, close every port and all that, put it in water and see what happens. If in that case the stickers got tripped again, they have to solve your problem under warranty.