Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,990 Members 37,042 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] build.prop original file under International t6ul 4.4.2 Sense 5.5 required

Tip us?

thematrix777
Old
(Last edited by thematrix777; 15th June 2014 at 07:48 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default [Q] build.prop original file under International t6ul 4.4.2 Sense 5.5 required

Gents,

I desperately need a help to get an untouched build.prop for my International One max running 4.4.2, preferably under region HTC_044, Asia WWE.

I've installed a Custom ROM which seemed to make changes to my build.prop and I had not thought about backing it up prior to installing the Custom ROM. Sorry for my noobness in this regard.

Hence, would appreciate it if someone from region HTC_044 or other International t6ul owner could upload his original build.prop running 4.4.2, CID: HTC_044, Asia WWE, MID: OP3PIMG preferably so I could take my region's Sense 6.0 OTA successfully.

Otherwise, is there a way to extract or pull build.prop from the previous OTA.zip?

Or, what are required to be deleted or changed from my current build.prop so I could make it original again?

Thanks.

thematrix777
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Anybody?

Also, will re-flash the HBOOT (which comes with previous OTA 4.4.2 update) repair the inconsistent BUILD.PROP?

After resetting my max and restore TWRP backup (after previous installation of Dev. version of t6ul Sense 6), I found that the BUILD.PROP contained two CIDs inside, HTC__044 and HTC_039, where usually only HTC__044 before I installed the said custom rom.

I am not sure which part of current BUILD.PROP having this msg: "BUILD.PROP has unexpected contents" resulting in failure of updating to my region's Sense 6.

Anyway here I uploaded the said BUILD.PROP.
Attached Files
File Type: zip build.prop.zip - [Click for QR Code] (4.0 KB, 6 views)

farazhassankhan
Old
Thanks Meter 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by thematrix777 View Post
Gents,

I desperately need a help to get an untouched build.prop for my International One max running 4.4.2, preferably under region HTC_044, Asia WWE.

I've installed a Custom ROM which seemed to make changes to my build.prop and I had not thought about backing it up prior to installing the Custom ROM. Sorry for my noobness in this regard.

Hence, would appreciate it if someone from region HTC_044 or other International t6ul owner could upload his original build.prop running 4.4.2, CID: HTC_044, Asia WWE, MID: OP3PIMG preferably so I could take my region's Sense 6.0 OTA successfully.

Otherwise, is there a way to extract or pull build.prop from the previous OTA.zip?

Or, what are required to be deleted or changed from my current build.prop so I could make it original again?

Thanks.
You can download stock t6ul build.prop file from this link

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6ou6wpehdozrsct/build.prop

Sent from my HTC One max using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to farazhassankhan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

thematrix777
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by farazhassankhan View Post
You can download stock t6ul build.prop file from this link

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6ou6wpehdozrsct/build.prop

Sent from my HTC One max using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Hi farazhassankhan,

Thanks. When I restore my TWRP backup and paste this build.prop over the current one (and set the permission accordingly), will it adjust to my CID and related language automatically or should I manually add HTC__044 and change language code in there? Sorry as this might be a stupid question.

Modifying build.prop without sufficient knowledge is very prone to bricking device... which I am fully aware of. Hence, seeking advice from more experience user in this regard.