Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,698 Members 49,159 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Failed to enable Private mode. Try again..

Tip us?
 
volkie1912
Old
#21  
volkie1912's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 28
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Izmir/KSK
Quote:
Originally Posted by mefistos View Post
It's 100% xposed. .. just uninstalled xposed and rebooted via xposed installer and straight after reboot private mode works without a problem.... well have to wait for rovo to fix it... If it's possibles

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by mefistos View Post
You must have done something wrong... private mode is working for me and i am rooted with custom recovery

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
I dont know what is the problem, i m waiting for new firmware update
 
barondebxl
Old
#22  
barondebxl's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1453
Posts: 6,076
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Silver Spring, MD
Quote:
Originally Posted by drakester09 View Post
No Knox, no private mode.

It stops working when Knox flag is tripped.

There's no current way to reset it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
That's not true at all.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
Jack Bauer is back!!!!!!!!!

Current Device: HTC One M8

Recently Owned


Samsung Galaxy S5

Sony Xperia Z2

Iphone 5S

LG G Flex
The Following User Says Thank You to barondebxl For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
tp2215
Old
#23  
tp2215's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 2569
Posts: 1,566
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Orlando

 
DONATE TO ME
Knox does not kill private mode. A deodexed Rom kills private mode. For an example look at my Rom (link in sig). I have used kind of a hybrid approach (partly odexed still) and have private mode working 100%. Only caveat is that xposed kills it since xposed is not compatible with samsungs secure storage feature.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
My Current Projects::

<------ If you like my work please hit thanks or donate!
My Devices::
Samsung Galaxy S5 -
Samsung Galaxy S3 - B&N Nook Color (Modified)
My Threads::
The Ultimate Android Ported Apps Directory!
T-Mobile Galaxy S5 Tips And Tricks Thread
The Following User Says Thank You to tp2215 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
drakester09
Old
#24  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 847
Posts: 1,247
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by barondebxl View Post
That's not true at all.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
You missed reading the previous posts, I already mentioned my assumption was wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tp2215 View Post
Knox does not kill private mode. A deodexed Rom kills private mode. For an example look at my Rom (link in sig). I have used kind of a hybrid approach (partly odexed still) and have private mode working 100%. Only caveat is that xposed kills it since xposed is not compatible with samsungs secure storage feature.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
That I believe is the real reason, as a side note, to get S Health working you have to do a build.prop tweak which looks to me like disabling securestorage.
 
tp2215
Old
#25  
tp2215's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 2569
Posts: 1,566
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Orlando

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by drakester09 View Post
You missed reading the previous posts, I already mentioned my assumption was wrong.


That I believe is the real reason, as a side note, to get S Health working you have to do a build.prop tweak which looks to me like disabling securestorage.
yes, by default shealth and private mode both rely on secure storage. when xposed is installed it kills both. By disabling secure storage via build.prop, shealth will switch and default to regular storage however private mode will no longer function.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
My Current Projects::

<------ If you like my work please hit thanks or donate!
My Devices::
Samsung Galaxy S5 -
Samsung Galaxy S3 - B&N Nook Color (Modified)
My Threads::
The Ultimate Android Ported Apps Directory!
T-Mobile Galaxy S5 Tips And Tricks Thread
 
volkie1912
Old
(Last edited by volkie1912; 15th June 2014 at 09:45 AM.)
#26  
volkie1912's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 28
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Izmir/KSK
disabled secure storage via build.prop for shealth, now again change secure storage to true and private mode is working but now shealth is broken
 
volkie1912
Old
#27  
volkie1912's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 28
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Izmir/KSK
hard reset, rooted and install cwm recovery now everything is ok, no xpose no cry
 
StanleyJes
Old
#28  
StanleyJes's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 28
Join Date: Jul 2011
I rooted my device and tripped Knox flag and I can use both S Health and Private Mode.

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes