Sony Xperia Z2 unlocked, rooted but blank screen

OP Willem69

12th June 2014, 09:19 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Hi everyone,

I unlocked the bootloader and flashed the 'DooMLoRD' kernel. So far so good, but after rebooting the screen stays blank (black). It boots normally though. The phone is on, but no screen. Kind of inconvenient when operating a touchscreen

It looks a lot like the issue previous Xperia versions seemed to have. But the obvious fix of a hard restart doesn't work for me.

Any suggestions anyone?

Thank you!
12th June 2014, 04:29 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 73

325 posts
Did you make sure you downloaded the correct kernel for the firmware version you have? ie there is a different kernel for .55 .69 & .402 firmwares.
13th June 2014, 07:36 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanziBaby

Did you make sure you downloaded the correct kernel for the firmware version you have? ie there is a different kernel for .55 .69 & .402 firmwares.

Yes, I did. I have the .402 firmware. Unfortunately some of the screens seem to have the same issue as the Z1 issue in 2013...so I was told at the shop. I was not the only one coming in with a blank screen. Solution: I get a new phone.

Thanks for your suggestion.
16th June 2014, 11:55 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Solved: screen backlight died
Okay, that had nothing to do with rooting or re-flashing. Apparently the backlight from the screen died on this brandnew phone.

Went back to the store and I get a replacement...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread