Shoot Troubles, Not Users w/ Alex Boag-Munroe – XDA:DevCon 2014

In presenting the various sessions from XDA:DevCon 2014, weve mainly … more

Oppo Releases ColorOS for the Find 5… Poorly

Almost every OEM has taken the liberty of creating its own incarnation of the Android OS. … more

XDA LG Development Challenge Winners

Almost 3months ago, we set out with LGto findtwo amazing apps that developers could put together … more

Wearable Apps w/ Andreas Göransson – XDA:DevCon 2014

XDA:DevCon 2014 in Manchester, UK featured quite a few interesting topics as … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Note3 8hr battery life

OP spetzuu

11th June 2014, 05:10 AM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 18

112 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirrin

actually the note 3 has a bigger battery and a qualcomm soc rather than samsung enxyos or if it is a international an 8 core enxyos soc...

note 3 3200 mAh vs note 2 3100 mAh

that just adds more evidence to my theory... the android 4.3 OS is a battery sucking operating system when it doesn't really need to be.
12th June 2014, 06:50 AM   |  #12  
Flag Gretna
Thanks Meter: 30

192 posts
More
I never had a problem with 4.3. I was running hyperdrive 4.3 with greenify, v6 supercharger, and a crap storm of other tweaks and xposed mods and with very little usage (didn't take a screenshot of screen on time) I was at 5 days 13 hours 43 min with 6% battery left. I tried to update to hyperdrive kit kat and had nothing but problems so I flashed stock nc2, upgraded to nc4 modem and have spent the last week (couple hours a night) modifying and tweaking. I'm currently at 1 day 20 hours 13 min with 4 hrs 15 min screen on time and I have 19% battery left. I would probably be closer to 25%-30+% but last night I decided to go all out with the cpu control and run antutu benchmark twice to test different I/o schedulers.
14th June 2014, 03:15 AM   |  #13  
OP Senior Member
Sioux Falls
Thanks Meter: 23

218 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by czach5932

I never had a problem with 4.3. I was running hyperdrive 4.3 with greenify, v6 supercharger, and a crap storm of other tweaks and xposed mods and with very little usage (didn't take a screenshot of screen on time) I was at 5 days 13 hours 43 min with 6% battery left. I tried to update to hyperdrive kit kat and had nothing but problems so I flashed stock nc2, upgraded to nc4 modem and have spent the last week (couple hours a night) modifying and tweaking. I'm currently at 1 day 20 hours 13 min with 4 hrs 15 min screen on time and I have 19% battery left. I would probably be closer to 25%-30+% but last night I decided to go all out with the cpu control and run antutu benchmark twice to test different I/o schedulers.

So do you think with a custom ROM instead of being on stock 4.2.2 will help me get more outta the battery?

sent from my AK-57
14th June 2014, 08:59 AM   |  #14  
Flag Gretna

192 posts
More
Probably the first step would get better battery stats and find out what is draining your battery. Freezing app apps won't do much to save battery if your not freezing the ones draining battery. Also look into greenify you can hibernate apps that you need installed and to run frequently but can put them to sleep when you don't need them

Also I got rid of V6 and decided to do min free and kernel tweaks manually with Rom toolbox pro. Not sure if a fluke but currently I've had 2 hours of screen on time and only dropped 20%. That's as much a 10 hours screen on time on a single charge.
Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Premium HD app
Last edited by czach5932; 14th June 2014 at 09:06 AM.
14th June 2014, 09:35 AM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 89

572 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by czach5932

Probably the first step would get better battery stats and find out what is draining your battery. Freezing app apps won't do much to save battery if your not freezing the ones draining battery. Also look into greenify you can hibernate apps that you need installed and to run frequently but can put them to sleep when you don't need them

Also I got rid of V6 and decided to do min free and kernel tweaks manually with Rom toolbox pro. Not sure if a fluke but currently I've had 2 hours of screen on time and only dropped 20%. That's as much a 10 hours screen on time on a single charge.
Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Premium HD app

Did you flash to stick slot and flash nc2 before flashing hyperdrive or were your issues some menus did not work if so those have been patched and everything works now.
16th June 2014, 01:20 PM   |  #16  
Flag Gretna

192 posts
More
I had wakelocks that lagged my phone (500k+ in twelve hours) and ran the batter almost dead in that time. Yea I flashed nc2 upgraded to rsl8 and updated the modems. Just didn't feel like trouble shooting anymore and with xposed I can have everything I want and biting I don't

Sent from my SCH-i815 using XDA Premium HD app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread