Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,007 Members 40,562 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Note3 8hr battery life

Tip us?

badboyg200
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirrin View Post
actually the note 3 has a bigger battery and a qualcomm soc rather than samsung enxyos or if it is a international an 8 core enxyos soc...

note 3 3200 mAh vs note 2 3100 mAh

that just adds more evidence to my theory... the android 4.3 OS is a battery sucking operating system when it doesn't really need to be.

czach5932
Old
Thanks Meter 22
I never had a problem with 4.3. I was running hyperdrive 4.3 with greenify, v6 supercharger, and a crap storm of other tweaks and xposed mods and with very little usage (didn't take a screenshot of screen on time) I was at 5 days 13 hours 43 min with 6% battery left. I tried to update to hyperdrive kit kat and had nothing but problems so I flashed stock nc2, upgraded to nc4 modem and have spent the last week (couple hours a night) modifying and tweaking. I'm currently at 1 day 20 hours 13 min with 4 hrs 15 min screen on time and I have 19% battery left. I would probably be closer to 25%-30+% but last night I decided to go all out with the cpu control and run antutu benchmark twice to test different I/o schedulers.
Samsung Note 3 - Xposed modified Kit Kat NC4
Samsung GT-I815 - PAC-man 23.0.0

spetzuu
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by czach5932 View Post
I never had a problem with 4.3. I was running hyperdrive 4.3 with greenify, v6 supercharger, and a crap storm of other tweaks and xposed mods and with very little usage (didn't take a screenshot of screen on time) I was at 5 days 13 hours 43 min with 6% battery left. I tried to update to hyperdrive kit kat and had nothing but problems so I flashed stock nc2, upgraded to nc4 modem and have spent the last week (couple hours a night) modifying and tweaking. I'm currently at 1 day 20 hours 13 min with 4 hrs 15 min screen on time and I have 19% battery left. I would probably be closer to 25%-30+% but last night I decided to go all out with the cpu control and run antutu benchmark twice to test different I/o schedulers.
So do you think with a custom ROM instead of being on stock 4.2.2 will help me get more outta the battery?

sent from my AK-57

czach5932
Old
(Last edited by czach5932; 14th June 2014 at 08:06 AM.)
Thanks Meter 22
Probably the first step would get better battery stats and find out what is draining your battery. Freezing app apps won't do much to save battery if your not freezing the ones draining battery. Also look into greenify you can hibernate apps that you need installed and to run frequently but can put them to sleep when you don't need them

Also I got rid of V6 and decided to do min free and kernel tweaks manually with Rom toolbox pro. Not sure if a fluke but currently I've had 2 hours of screen on time and only dropped 20%. That's as much a 10 hours screen on time on a single charge.
Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Premium HD app

mirrin
Old
Thanks Meter 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by czach5932 View Post
Probably the first step would get better battery stats and find out what is draining your battery. Freezing app apps won't do much to save battery if your not freezing the ones draining battery. Also look into greenify you can hibernate apps that you need installed and to run frequently but can put them to sleep when you don't need them

Also I got rid of V6 and decided to do min free and kernel tweaks manually with Rom toolbox pro. Not sure if a fluke but currently I've had 2 hours of screen on time and only dropped 20%. That's as much a 10 hours screen on time on a single charge.
Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Premium HD app
Did you flash to stick slot and flash nc2 before flashing hyperdrive or were your issues some menus did not work if so those have been patched and everything works now.
HTC Droid Incredible slcd (retired)
Samsung Galaxy S3 pebble blue
Rom: hell fire 3.0 kk
kernel: Ktoonsez
Galaxy tab 3 7"
Rooted waiting for roms
Asus memo smart 10
Omni nightly kk
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Rom: hyper drive rls8
Knox 0x0

czach5932
Old
Thanks Meter 22
I had wakelocks that lagged my phone (500k+ in twelve hours) and ran the batter almost dead in that time. Yea I flashed nc2 upgraded to rsl8 and updated the modems. Just didn't feel like trouble shooting anymore and with xposed I can have everything I want and biting I don't

Sent from my SCH-i815 using XDA Premium HD app